Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 2:58 pm

Callum Smith, a boxer along with his three brothers calls his younger sister who is autistic "the biggest fighter" in their family. He always has "autism" written on his shorts.

He is fighting in the super middleweight, Muhammed Ali Trophy tournament this Saturday. I definitely think he will be a world champion one day soon.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id ... per-series

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:34 pm

Cool

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:45 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Cool

I think so too. I just hope he keeps winning. He donates a lot of money too.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Mar 2018, 6:26 pm

I love combat sports too but it seems like posting ANYTHING about them on this forum leads to 0 responses.

Wrestling has made me less afraid of people and my shrink said it's good for people with autism. It's gotten me over my fear of touching people too.

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2018, 6:46 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm prejudiced against boxers. It's a violent and ugly sport and I once got punched in the face by a professional boxer in the street (I was just quietly walking home, talking to myself, and he thought I was a "crack-head", and decided to assault me.) I lost two teeth.

Still, they're not all bad, I guess. This boxer sounds like one of the good guys. :heart:

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 7:19 am

Andrew, sorry about your bad experience. Of course, he assaulted you because he was a violent jerk, not because he was a boxer. (When I talk to myself, people just move away.)

I actually think it's a beautiful sport (like fencing), but boxers should have to wear some sort of headgear. Repeated heavy blows to the head are proven to scramble brain tissue.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 12:52 pm

c0r wrote:
I love combat sports too but it seems like posting ANYTHING about them on this forum leads to 0 responses.

Wrestling has made me less afraid of people and my shrink said it's good for people with autism. It's gotten me over my fear of touching people too.

I kind of expect it.

That's good!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 12:54 pm

Boxing generally helps people. Someone who would usually be in a life of crime ends up finding structure with boxing.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 1:49 pm

'Awareness' is unhelpful and often damaging. It feeds into the multicoloured puzzle piece ideology. "Look at me-e-e-e-e-e! I've got problems!"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 1:59 pm

He hasn't got autism himself though.

flynn_
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Mar 2018, 11:22 am

Andrewdarr wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm prejudiced against boxers. It's a violent and ugly sport and I once got punched in the face by a professional boxer in the street (I was just quietly walking home, talking to myself, and he thought I was a "crack-head", and decided to assault me.) I lost two teeth.

Still, they're not all bad, I guess. This boxer sounds like one of the good guys. :heart:

There's no way a professsional boxer would randomly punch someone (especially a woman) in the street.

They would be imprisoned and never allowed to compete again.

I train in boxing but never had a bout. The dedication required and fitness is incredible.

Boxing is an incredibly graceful sport as well, btw.

I think you are making your story up or grossly exaggerating it :-D

smudgedhorizon
Toucan
Toucan

09 Mar 2018, 5:13 pm

flynn_ wrote:
There's no way a professsional boxer would randomly punch someone (especially a woman) in the street.

I train in boxing but never had a bout. The dedication required and fitness is incredible.

Do you know that there were and are paedophiles who work as clowns, and clowns are supposed not to harm children?

Do you also know that during WWII medicians committed atrocious crimes against humanity putting aside Hippocratic Oath and discrediting their profession? Those medicians conducted human vivisection, organ removal, tested biological weapons, etc. I'm talking about the Nazis and the Japanese. Doctors are not supposed to do so, right?

Do you also know a well documented case you can check on YouTube on a channel called Autismwarriormama where a woman provides footage from hidden camera where medical stuff abuse her severely autistic nonverbal son? They were also risking their jobs when they did that, weren't they?

The samurai class had their Bushido codex that was very strict and even small disobedience would lead a samurai to death, yet senior samurai often betrayed each other?

Andrewdarr COULD possibly make up her story, as most anonymous people here including me. HOWEVER, what if it's true and you are hurting her feelings by such accusations?

Please start considering other people's feelings.

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Mar 2018, 5:56 pm

flynn_ wrote:
Andrewdarr wrote:

The police thought so too, and he didn't get charged... There were witnesses but they all thought I was some freak on illegal drugs and didn't support me. Just saying.

flynn_2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Mar 2018, 11:14 am

Sorry to hear that, I just found it quite an odd story, that's all :oops:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 11:45 am

flynn_2 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, I just found it quite an odd story, that's all :oops:

I apologise if you are not trolling but you need to take it down a notch , you are a new member and your posts appear to be trolling.

If you are a troll and want to troll someone come and troll me but bring your A game.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 12:05 pm

P.S. dude you just outed yourself by posting from 2 different accounts flynn_ & flynn_2 - whoops :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard