What corsets/waist trainers do you recommend?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Balbituate
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Feb 2018, 10:29 pm

So I’m wearing a waist trainer mainly for deep pressure purposes. It works pretty well for that. Right now I’m using my mom’s. It’s kind of annoying because it kind of wrinkles funny and undos itself. I also don’t like that it’s latex. I want something more breathable. I’ve been thinking of getting a proper corset, but I’m worried it will take too long in the morning and possibly restrict my movement too much. I’m not too worried about it feeling too tight because I find pressure more comfortable than no pressure. Do you think regular shapewear would give the same effect?
This is what I mean by a waist trainer.

yuyuki
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2020, 9:34 pm

Waist training just forces your body to adapt to different shapes. You may see a smaller waist, but a larger chest/hips / thighs. It doesn't actually reduce waist fat without exercising, it just shifts the fat into place. Rather than transferring fat, it is better to exercise with the help of waist training and reduce fat to get a slim and healthy body. :wink:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 12:02 pm

None! 8O

Do you know why women in the bad old days were always fainting? It's because of those corsets they wore to make their waists smaller, and it squished up their internal organs and cut off the blood supply to their brain.

Men have never had to wear things that squish, crush, and bend their body into unnatural shapes that cause injury or even death, and that's not fair. :x

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 4:23 pm

I bought a corset from Corset Story (they have a website) for this purpose. A high-quality corset will feel comfortable, granted you don't lace it too tight. It should feel like a comfortably tight hug. I wore mine all day with no problems, but I worked at home so I didn't have to worry about hiding it under clothing (it was kind of bulky).

Shapewear (like Spanx) will give the illusion of a smoother shape, but it won't do waist training. You'll have to buy a corset for that.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 4:44 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Men have never had to wear things that squish, crush, and bend their body into unnatural shapes that cause injury or even death, and that's not fair. :x

It's pretty funny to see women complain about all the things they do for fashion and that it's unfair that men don't, when in fact a whole bunch of women's fashion are things that men wore first. Complain about heels? They were developed for cavalrymen to be able to better stand in their stirrups. Mascara? Originally mustache wax.
As for corsets:

Advertisement of corsets for men, 1893.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2020, 10:17 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

It's pretty funny to see women complain about all the things they do for fashion and that it's unfair that men don't, when in fact a whole bunch of women's fashion are things that men wore first. Complain about heels? They were developed for cavalrymen to be able to better stand in their stirrups. Mascara? Originally mustache wax.
As for corsets:

Advertisement of corsets for men, 1893.

True but the thread was for recommendations. My vote is for none as well, as it doesn't seem healthy in any case.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2020, 1:48 am

Fair enough, just felt the comment about men warranted a response.

Don't really have a recommendation, though I will say that there's nothing wrong or unhealthy with wearing a corset, so long as you don't get into the practice of tight-lacing, which is the thing people seem to be conflating it with (the organ-displacing and skeleton-deforming thing).

StickBugette
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2021, 8:59 am

If you read the original post, she said she wears it for "deep pressure" -- because she has sensory needs. I wear shapewear for sensory needs too. I call them my "hug tanks." You can buy "compression shirts" for autistic kids but not for adults, but shapewear is basically the same thing anyway.

It's not about looking thinner or moving fat around or whatever. This is what i like:
https://shapermint.com/products/empetua ... 8604009606
You can get the kind that compresses your chest too if that's what you want.