Teacher opens fire in class, one student hurt evacuating

Page 5 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:05 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

*sigh* I'm really sick of seeing this cartoon. I find it to be one-sided and annoying.

In reality, Slavery was common in Africa before it was common in the Americas. Many of the slaves were purchased, rather than kidnapped.

To be honest, I'm not fond of anything by Michael Moore, since he uses emotional manipulating in situations where logic would work just fine.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:18 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

*sigh* I'm really sick of seeing this cartoon. I find it to be one-sided and annoying.

In reality, Slavery was common in Africa before it was common in the Americas. Many of the slaves were purchased, rather than kidnapped.

To be honest, I'm not fond of anything by Michael Moore, since he uses emotional manipulating in situations where logic would work just fine.

Tired of seeing it because the truth hurts?

So you're pro slavery?

People used to burn "witches," at the stake, too, but that doesn't mean society shouldn't evolve and move passed it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:21 pm

that's not at all what he said and you know it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:22 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
that's not at all what he said and you know it.

His post seems pro slavery if it's against calling out slavery as bad. I didn't tell him what he meant; I asked questions.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

So you're pro slavery?

No. I just understand that we can't fully understand slavery until we understand that it's not purely a white American thing.

Quote:
People used to burn "witches," at the stake, too, but that doesn't mean society shouldn't evolve and move passed it.

What is that? Gaelic?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:30 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

So you're pro slavery?

No. I just understand that we can't fully understand slavery until we understand that it's not purely a white American thing.

Quote:

What is that? Gaelic?

No one said it was purely a white American thing, but it doesn't change America's history of being built on the backs of slave labour.

In present day, my guess is that China has the most slave labour - or at least slave labour like conditions with extremely low pay, as the ruling class don't even consider the workers to be human. This came directly from the mouth of an heir to a Hong Kong factory. Slavery is alive and well the world over.

Gaelic? "Witches," were burnt at the stake in the USA, too. Probably in Canada as well. And all over the world. My point is that just because people did horrible things to other people out of ignorance in the past doesn't mean we should still do it today.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:43 pm

The trolling...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 4:15 pm

modernmax wrote:
:wink:
cberg wrote:
Has it not occurred to anyone that we've already invented loads of automated security systems & robotics that could easily apprehend shooters if only our education funding were enough for it?

Why put people in front of rifles when it's so obvious a few little drones could incapacitate a shooter any number of ways?

Machines can malfunction and we wouldn't be able to punish them if they did.

Still this would be better than nothing.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 4:22 pm

cberg wrote:
modernmax wrote:
:wink:
cberg wrote:
Has it not occurred to anyone that we've already invented loads of automated security systems & robotics that could easily apprehend shooters if only our education funding were enough for it?

Why put people in front of rifles when it's so obvious a few little drones could incapacitate a shooter any number of ways?

Machines can malfunction and we wouldn't be able to punish them if they did.

Still this would be better than nothing.

It would come with a few hazards.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 4:32 pm

If students had guns, physically weak male students would be harder to bully, and everyone instinctively knows this is wrong and the right thing is for brawn to prevail.

I said male because, while female students would also have a better chance to defend themselves, everyone agrees wholeheartedly that beating them up is a heinous thing to do.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 6:24 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
No one said it was purely a white American thing, but it doesn't change America's history of being built on the backs of slave labour.

Most people over the age of 13 already know that America was built by brutal slave labor. We all know that it was horrible.

I'm just saying that most of the original Afro-American slaves were originally enslaved by other Africans. That's just a fact.

Michael Moore ignores this fact because his films run on black-and-white morality. In his attempt to make Africans look pure and innocent, he actually degrades Africa by implying that Africa was totally uncivilized before whites showed up.

Any film aimed at adults should explore the finer details regarding slavery, rather than simplifying the whole thing into a "Whites kidnapped black people." story. This narrative is supposed to reinforce cartoon morality, but it also reinforces racist myths about pro-colonial African history.

I really don't like it when people imply that all sub-Saharan Africans were "noble savages" before whites showed up. Africa has always been an extremely diverse continent. Some African ethnic groups were more civilised than others.

Quote:
Gaelic? "Witches," were burnt at the stake in the USA, too. Probably in Canada as well. And all over the world. My point is that just because people did horrible things to other people out of ignorance in the past doesn't mean we should still do it today.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't move on. I'm saying that we shouldn't twist the past to fit a simplistic narrative of "America=bad, Africa=good". Oppression exists all over the world. If we imply that pre-colonial Africa was perfect, this will only lead to more racism.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 2:40 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Most people over the age of 13 already know that America was built by brutal slave labor. We all know that it was horrible.

I thought it was only the southern states that allowed slavery. Were the northern states built by slave labour?

I'm sure slavery would be good the economy, if you wanted an economy based entirely on agriculture that is.

But if slavery made America into a superpower and Africans practice slavery then why aren't all the African countries superpowers? Maybe America's power comes from something other than slavery.

Truthfully it was industrial technology that made the American economy what it is. Thomas Edison, George Westinghouse and Henry Ford each did far more to boost America's economy far more than any slave trader who ever lived.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 1:03 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Why? I find little displays like this good indicators of the subversion and desperation of the left.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 1:58 pm

Likewise for Twitter on the right.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 3:27 pm

Raptor wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Why? I find little displays like this good indicators of the subversion and desperation of the left.

Desperation of pointing out the racist origins of the NRA?

I find it a bit funny how so many people commented on the white/black slavery bit, but not one mention of how when the KKK was made illegal, the NRA sprang up to take its place.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 3:57 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I find it a bit funny how so many people commented on the white/black slavery bit, but not one mention of how when the KKK was made illegal, the NRA sprang up to take its place.

And they call me a troll...
:lol: :lmao: :lmao: