Will I ever find a boyfriend?

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Mar 2018, 2:52 pm

There are no guarantees in life, but sure, I think you will find a decent boyfriend. You're so young - you have all the time you need. I actually met my only long-term boyfriend (so far) on Wrong Planet, so you're in the right place. We broke up recently but we were together for almost 10 years. Something you need to know: you'll get your heart broken one day, maybe many times, but it's still worth it. Having had a relationship and being in love is a great memory to treasure, even when it is over. It hurts for a while but it's still an amazing experience. Good luck! :D :heart:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 2:57 pm

You must be an old hand...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 3:05 pm

^ Now I wonder who was the boyfriend....

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 3:40 pm

Kayleigh wrote:
I am a teenage girl with Asperger's syndrome and PTSD. I am home-schooled and I do not have any friends. I struggle with social interaction and I have trust issues.

I have a desire to find a boyfriend, but I don't know how to.

I have been told that I am an attractive girl and that I look like Vivien Leigh. My looks are not a problem and, as far as I am aware, my personality is not either. I am highly intelligent and I am caring.

My problem is that I am cripplingly shy.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas which may help me? Or - is there anyone who is willing to be the boyfriend of a nice but demanding girl?

The best way I can think of to maximise your chances of finding a boyfriend and friends too for that matter is to put yourself out there. You could be the most attractive, caring and intelligent person on the planet but if you're home all day and not interacting with other people, it's near impossible to establish connections that will then lead to friendships or relationships, so putting yourself in situations where you're able to interact with others your age is pretty important if you want to expand your social circle.

If you feel you'll have to overcome some of your shyness to feel more comfortable meeting new people then your first step is probably to figure out how to do that. Otherwise you could look into youth groups, interest groups, or anything of that nature where you might meet boys in your age group. I know it can be a bit unnerving throwing yourself into social situations with people you don't know as a newcomer when they've already established rapport with each other, especially if you're going in alone and especially if you're shy or socially anxious, but the reality is if you want to establish social connections, you need to put yourself in social situations.

Best of luck.

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2018, 2:38 pm

Tequila wrote:

Me? Sorry, I'm confused.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 2:46 pm

Andrewdarr wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Me? Sorry, I'm confused.

Andrewdarr wrote:
I actually met my only long-term boyfriend (so far) on Wrong Planet, so you're in the right place. We broke up recently but we were together for almost 10 years.

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2018, 2:54 pm

Tequila wrote:
Andrewdarr wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Me? Sorry, I'm confused.

Andrewdarr wrote:
I actually met my only long-term boyfriend (so far) on Wrong Planet, so you're in the right place. We broke up recently but we were together for almost 10 years.

I'm 30, and I used to post on this forum under a different account/username, which I've lost. I've been a member of this forum on/off since 2005.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 2:59 pm

Andrewdarr wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Andrewdarr wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Me? Sorry, I'm confused.

Andrewdarr wrote:

I'm 30, and I used to post on this forum under a different account/username, which I've lost. I've been a member of this forum on/off since 2005.

Ah, OK. :-)

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2018, 3:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Now I wonder who was the boyfriend....

Icarus_Falling (Ryan Edwards.) He's a bit messed up but we were close for a long time.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 3:03 pm

Does he not mind being outed?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 4:30 pm

Andrewdarr wrote:
There are no guarantees in life, but sure, I think you will find a decent boyfriend. You're so young - you have all the time you need. I actually met my only long-term boyfriend (so far) on Wrong Planet, so you're in the right place. We broke up recently but we were together for almost 10 years. Something you need to know: you'll get your heart broken one day, maybe many times, but it's still worth it. Having had a relationship and being in love is a great memory to treasure, even when it is over. It hurts for a while but it's still an amazing experience. Good luck! :D :heart:

How’d you two find each other?