38 weeks pregnant feeling alone and scared

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IWant2Believe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2018, 9:43 pm

Amity wrote:
IWant2Believe wrote:
Hi everyone. I think I mentioned in a previous post that I had just gotten out of jail for minor drug possession where I realized I was pregnant and came to terms with my own undiagnosed autism and why I was having so many problems I. Life. I am stuck living with my grandmother while I do school online and wait for the baby and my mother also moved in with us uninvited and it's very stressful. They don't know or understand that I'm on the spectrum I've tried to explain it but they're in denial. My mom has BPD and sometimes she bullies me. DI'll be having my little girl any day now. I had to start taking a small amt of kratom again (did my research thoroughly first) just so I can control the overstimulation/irritably and anxiety that I've felt with hormones added to asd. It's been very hard. I just need some support right now I'm feeling very isolated.

I think it's great you have a roof over your head in a secure home, how is your relationship with your grandmother?

It is possible that your baby could be born suffering from opioid withdrawal, it's going to make everything more difficult for both of you, is there any alternative to Kratom you could use or do to ease your irritability?

Regularly meeting other new mums is a good idea, it could help you feel less isolated, will introduce new ideas, ways to cope, and advice to share with other mums who share the same special interest.

It's highly unlikely that she will have any withdrawal from such a small dose given over such a short period of time. I do not even get wd's from it. I've read countless reports from others. I suppose anything is possible but I know there are women who use kratom or even methadone for their entire pregnancies and their babies have no w/d's. I could be wrong. Not trying to be s know it all but I wouldn't make any decision that I thought would hurt her and I think the stress is worse than a negligible dose for less than 2 weeks. I have not taken anything else the entire pregnancy hardly even Tylenol. My grandmother is an alcoholic who's very negative about everything lol. But she's a good person.

IWant2Believe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2018, 9:48 pm

elsapelsa wrote:
A baby can really help bring people together and in ideal circumstances having other people around can help you feel less isolated and also help provide you with well needed moments of rest and quiet. However, it can also be really tricky because you might have very different ideas how you want to care for your baby compared to the other people in your household. It is hard the first time to know what you will feel and be like as a mother. It came as a surprise to me that I had quite clear ideas of what I wanted and didn't want for my first child. In my experience... It is important that you believe in yourself as a mother. That you really take on board that you are all she will need! You have everything in your person that she could need. You are her world. You have all the tools. Those early months can be a very calm and peaceful time but they can also be a time for self-doubt and feeling overwhelmed - it is a pretty fast learning curve! Don't doubt yourself, it sounds like you are doing really great! You will be amazing. And please keep posting here.

Thank you! Yes I've been having some doubts but mostly excitement. It's such a big deal to me a to be a good mom and a happy mom too! I want her to have everything I had and everything I didn't as well!

IWant2Believe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2018, 9:52 pm

IWant2Believe wrote:
Amity wrote:
IWant2Believe wrote:
Hi everyone. I think I mentioned in a previous post that I had just gotten out of jail for minor drug possession where I realized I was pregnant and came to terms with my own undiagnosed autism and why I was having so many problems I. Life. I am stuck living with my grandmother while I do school online and wait for the baby and my mother also moved in with us uninvited and it's very stressful. They don't know or understand that I'm on the spectrum I've tried to explain it but they're in denial. My mom has BPD and sometimes she bullies me. DI'll be having my little girl any day now. I had to start taking a small amt of kratom again (did my research thoroughly first) just so I can control the overstimulation/irritably and anxiety that I've felt with hormones added to asd. It's been very hard. I just need some support right now I'm feeling very isolated.

I think it's great you have a roof over your head in a secure home, how is your relationship with your grandmother?

It is possible that your baby could be born suffering from opioid withdrawal, it's going to make everything more difficult for both of you, is there any alternative to Kratom you could use or do to ease your irritability?

Regularly meeting other new mums is a good idea, it could help you feel less isolated, will introduce new ideas, ways to cope, and advice to share with other mums who share the same special interest.

It's highly unlikely that she will have any withdrawal from such a small dose given over such a short period of time. I do not even get wd's from it. I've read countless reports from others. I suppose anything is possible but I know there are women who use kratom or even methadone for their entire pregnancies and their babies have no w/d's. I could be wrong. Not trying to be s know it all but I wouldn't make any decision that I thought would hurt her and I think the stress is worse than a negligible dose for less than 2 weeks. I have not taken anything else the entire pregnancy hardly even Tylenol. My grandmother is an alcoholic who's very negative about everything lol. But she's a good person.

not saying that methodone wouldn't cause withdrawals! Obviously it usually does cause dependence in unborn babies.

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2018, 4:54 am

Hey just wanted to say best of luck and good on you for reaching out.

Have you thought about seeing a psychologist for diagnosis re asd? I'm not saying that because I doubt you, but I've found it really helpful having someone to guide me through processing my past experiences and what it means to have autism as a mother. I know depending on where you are in the world, these things can be expensive...But I'm just sharing my experience. It's both healing and hard, being a mum. Or the hardest and best thing you'll ever do. If you need someone to chat to, feel free to pm me. My circumstances have been different, but I've been through perinatal depression, and support is so important. I found pregnancy hormones extremely difficult to handle (sensory issues became extreme, although I didn't understand what it was at the time). Once bub comes, don't hesitate to reach out no matter what kind of day you're having.

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)