Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

franklin.jr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Mar 2018, 12:51 am

It's always the same.

I always do my best in my job, but in a matter of months (it rarely passes one year), I always get fired and, what a surprise, I'm always blamed for the situation.

Now I have bills to pay, my own personal expenses with therapies, life, health plan, etc., and no idea on how I'm going to pay it because I live alone. Worse than that, I live in Brazil, a country where there are few jobs available and unemployment skyrocketed due to an awful crisis which effects we still endure. And now, unless a surprise happens, it seems to me I will be forced to move to another city due to lack of jobs. Wish I don't need to do it because my family, my therapies, etc., they are all here near me and I don't feel like restarting from zero in a new country.

I am a very creative, dynamic and proactive Oracle developer who enjoys finding new ways to automate tasks so work becomes easier and more productive. But, whenever I enter a new field, I need clear explanations on what must be done so I can perform better and quicker.

Any guidance on these topics will be greatly appreciated. My resume is available in both english and brazilian portuguese. What I need to know is about:

- Remote jobs for an experienced (since 1999) Oracle developer.
- Remote jobs in an entry/junior level for an experienced software developer who's eager to learn something new.
- Remote jobs in a company where ASD patients are welcome (but I prefer not to disclose this particular issue to employers).

I am used to this very bad feeling, this sadness. I always expect it will happen to me whenever I enter a new job position, but at the same time it seems I am never prepared to feel this pain, and always it hurts so much.

Please, I need help. Again, I need help. Please help me if you can.

Thanks in advance.

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2018, 10:38 am

I don't live in Brazil, so I can't give you specific workplaces that you can apply for.

If you are looking for autism friendly workplaces, the pharmaceutical industry could be a good idea. Look for big coorporations who have technical problems that you can fix. Try looking for pharmaceutical companies and don't be scared of "the unknown", i.e. they usually don't expect you to know anything about medicine.

You could also try some sort of freelancing, where you develop software and solve technical issues for small businesses.

And yes, unemployment is bad in Brazil. I have heard about it. Moving from city to city is a good idea. Remember to write in your job application that you are willing to move for the job.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 12:15 pm

You should consider moving. If the jobmarket is stagnant, you are better of moving, or living a life being poor, or having to move and live with your family. Ask yourself - is that better than working somewhere else and living independently?

There should be jobs for Oracle folks, it's still used by large corporations that refuse to move towards newer NoSQL/Streaming databases, and if you can code like you mentioned - even better.

Just write a good CV and send it in all directions you can think of, get a haircut, go on interviews and hope for the best.