Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:47 pm

I'd say I'm a realist with pessimistic tendencies.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 9:28 pm

I can tend to sound pessimistic or negative in most things, but for some reason I have optimism for the world in general.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 12:11 pm

Nihilist. The glass and the water in it don't matter. :lol: :twisted: :skull:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 12:59 pm

WWIII will happen, it’s only a matter of time.

If not, wars happen where I live anyway. Also just a matter of time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 4:17 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Nihilist. The glass and the water in it don't matter. :lol: :twisted: :skull:

That's creative...

I have to be a balanced realist since my total focus is on being in touch with what is rather than how I would like it to be...
Just look at my signature... :wink:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 10:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxbBp9SH81U

Pessimist or an Optimist; I surely cannot pass this topic up now, for i've been to the very bottom of Pessimist
according to well informed Professionals and Live at the top now of a Human Chalice Overflowing more
in Practice of Art of Dance and Song where every step and word i create for me at least is holy and
sacred full of meaning and purpose. This is a work of light in the sense and feel; and yes, actual
Science of regulating emotions and integrating senses from head to toe in Mind and Body
Balance in Moving Connecting Co-Creating ways in Balance also with the rest of Nature
for an actual metaphor of a Verb of God as actual experience in Pure
Light of Love that is Unconditional and Mastered within in terms
of Actual Flow of Endorphins and Serotonin and Oxytocin and
Dopamine and other Miscellaneous Feel and Sense Good
Neurohormones and Neurochemicals from Head to toe lit up
as such with all the Neurochemical and Neurohormone reactions
that become as effortless in Bio-Feedback along with Mastering Brain Waves
somewhere in the sweet spot of Alpha to Theta with Relative Free Will too as Eastern
Philosophies in Movement and Yogi Meditation is Science assessed with real time results
now as real with Brain Scans and other tools to Measure Biological Bliss and Nirvana in terms
of Mastering Feedback of those Neurochemicals and Neurohormones and Brain waves within;
additionally, with the ability in Feedback way as well to better control Body Temperatures in relation
to Environmental Challenge of Cold and Heat too. And as far as the rest of the Problems of the World
as far as I am Concerned it would be rather Foolish not to enjoy what is only ever now as eternal Bliss
of a Real Ascendent Transcendent Ecstatic Way of Life; but true, I am far from the first person to experience life
in a get a way from Pessimism
and Negativity that comes with
Antagonist to Happiness Stress Related
Hormones within. In fact, some folks never even feel
the Neurohormone Oxytocin that 'feels' one up with warm and
fuzzy's that some folks only come close to approximating what they
metaphor as a 'Hug from Jesus' in Opiate addiction ways to replace what comes
all Natural as a Garden of Love within as watered in Hugs and Kisses and Kitty Cat Purrs
and Dog Licks of Face from a Very Young age as receptors come in tune and the Brain is fed
and watered in wiring for filling up the Chalice of Human in Feel Good ways that last and need
nothing as far as external substances to fill up what may be empty within; specifically, as that relates
to deficits of either Neurochemical or Neurohormones too, in Feel Good Fill the Chalice way to the brim
overflowing with plenty left over to give and share with others, never ending as such. I credit my personal
optimism first to an Unconditional Loving Hugging Mother; then, next, to never giving up even after not being
able to feel and sense anything at all like piece of paper existence mostly for 66 Months of Real Hell on Earth
when the Psychiatrist said I had the most Hopeless case of Numb Human in Pain he had ever come across;
working with Combat Veterans as a Major in the Airforce, then. In fact, he went so far as to suggest a longest
case study shot to get me a vagal implant to feel something, anything at all. My insurance wouldn't
cover that or the other severe option for Depression of Trans Cranial Magnetic Stimulation for the
Machine 'they' call the Neuro Star Machine these days in Upscale Psychiatry Practices; To
end this shorter than what it could be now; my cup runneth over with a great deal
of work as Practicing a Science/Art of Happiness that never ends for me. It's worked
close to 56 Months now; for it's true too, i've gone decades before with a Glass overflowing
too; but never with the expertise to keep it going like this; that only can/will come fully with a search
and find of what works within. The Ascendent Transcendent; and yes, Ecstatic Common Experience of
Human Beings who have attained Chalice OverFlowing is well documented by Social Scientist Jonathan
Haidt who has also provided outstanding Studies in the Biology Behind the Differences of more Open
Minded Liberal Folks versus More Closed Minded Conservative Folks. What I do is proven to work for
others too in terms of a Tai-Chi Like Movement as Meditation to keep my Emotions Regulated and
Senses Integrated with a Neurochemical Stimulating Music to Motivate that Free Style Dance
with Dopamine more. Bottom lines are; I fire like a 12 Cylinder Finally Tuned Human
Ferrari and no I am not Magnum PI; I am just another Fred who figured this stuff out
for
himself.
Anyway, Documentation
Below for anyone who cares
to see the studies that show
this way of life is a real one too.
Empirically Speaking, considering I can
and will make Heaven always Happen now within
for me; I would be rather foolish to live in any other place now REAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MYsx6WArKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs41JrnGaxc

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 2:54 am

depends on how one parses/butchers the language- I've been called a pejorist [things lousy and getting lousier] on some days, on a few blessed days I could be thought of as a meliorist [things dark but getting lighter]. but in general, if I can be bothered to think about it, I could be a pessimoptomist or an optopessimist. :mrgreen:

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 3:04 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I'd say I'm a realist with pessimistic tendencies.

I'm probably the same.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 3:48 pm

Pepe wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Neither, I'm a realist.

Same...
By taking one's rose coloured glasses off, one sees the real world...

Closet Genious wrote:
Realist would probably describe me better aswell, but I do think the term realist, falls on the pessimistic side of the spectrum, as optimism is by definition, idealistic.

I like these 3 posts, right here.

I REFUSE to look at the world through rose-colored glasses----I think that's BEYOND STUPID; but, at-the-same-time, I don't go right to that deep/dark place, when something bad happens. There seems to be something that can be gained from whatever instance / event / whatever.

So, gun-to-my-head----to put it like someone else did----I'd say I'm a realist, with optimistic tendencies, I guess; or, because of my Christian faith, I'd say I'm a realist with faithful tendencies (I like that, better).

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 7:28 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
There seems to be something that can be gained from whatever instance / event / whatever.

Care for a lemonade? :mrgreen:

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 1:11 am

A pessimist for the temporal, an optimist for the eternal.