What are your hypersensitivities and special interests?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 9:17 pm

My hypersensitivities are certain sounds, smell, tastes, and a little bit of hypertactility to. my special interests are Autism, Music (Esp. Prog rock),Video games (Esp. Minecraft and World Of Warships), and Youtube videos.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 9:25 pm

Hypersensitive to the cold, headaches/migraines, rap music

special interests are 80s music, architecture, game design

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 4:35 pm

My hypersensitivities are tastes, smells, sounds, lights, and touch. My special interests are Stampy Cat (he is a gamer that plays Minecraft too!), medicine, and one that comes and goes is America’s Got Talent.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 10:17 am

Hi Stampy (you thought I wouldn't notice, huh LOL)

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 1:34 pm

Hypersensitivities are random petty things and people touching my back.

Special interests are philosophy, psychology, technology, language and medicine.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 8:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hi Stampy (you thought I wouldn't notice, huh LOL)

LOL never kraftie you are always on par whenever somebody posts something. :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2018, 9:15 pm

My hypersensitivities are bright lights, loud sounds, difficult school work, and clothing tags. I love cats, board games, puzzles, and music.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 8:49 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
My hypersensitivities are tastes, smells, sounds, lights, and touch. My special interests are Stampy Cat (he is a gamer that plays Minecraft too!), medicine, and one that comes and goes is America’s Got Talent.

What kind of medicine do you like and not to be too political what do you think about universal healthcare and why?

Utahraptor25
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2019, 10:54 am

I am sensitive to loud noise, bright lights, and touch. I am interested in dinosaurs, biology, and animals.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 10:53 am

Hypersensitivities-smells, loud noises
Special interests-cats, tennis (watching and playing), medical topics, literature, history

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 5:28 pm

Hypersensitivities. I have had to think about this as the term is new to me, but I will say I have always needed to take labels off any clothes that touch my skin. I habe to rip them out, as if I leave a bit of label it will irritate me. Some secondhand clothes with old worn out labels I don't mind too much. I will soon rip them off if they bother me. Also woolen type clothes next to my skin. I need to wear something like a shirt inbetween them, but I never liked to do up my collar button unless it is lose fitting. I will wear a tie but I will put it on lose. Pants (Underpants to some of you).. I have to wear them (No... Not on my head!)... I have to wear them about two sizes too large so they are not too tight on me. These days I wear tee shirts, zipped cardigan type tops and draw string type jogginb trousers. Everything designed for comfort. Many of my clothes have holes in them and I don't care as thwy are comfortable and that is what matters. I like loose fitting socks as I just don't do socks with tight elastic.
I tend to prefer plain clothes. I never liked the designer type clothes. Oh... I alway tend to carry more then I need in the car or in bags on my bike. I tend to be over organized before I go out. It sometimes takes me an extra hour to get myself ready!
One thing that really really irritates me is if fresh cut hair from having a hair cut goes on my skin. I mean.. I will tolerate it while it is being cut but I will go straight into the bath even if there is only cold water and it is winter, to remove the hair. And prior to having a hair cut I will wear certain clothes which will then be washed two or three times before I can wear them. I just couldn't believe that others can have a hair cut without scratching away? My skin would be red with me scratching it when the little cut hairs are in my clothes!
I also hate the smell of chewing gum or bubble gum. If anyone in my car is chewing on some, that's it. I stop the car and they have to get out! I won't let them back in until they get rid of it.
Here are another two more interesting ones. One is that I can feel the radio waves coming from a mobile phone so often I have to hold the phone away from my ear as I feel the pressure from the phone. I can also feel this when driving under pylons or in the area of a phone mast. Also I am spiritually sensitive.

Special interests. One subject which has followed me since I was actually in my pram onwards is TRAINS and railways both in model and real world forms. I have had to cut back on what I own as things were becoming wrecked due to having so much stuff.
Another has been bicycles... I once had about 100 bikes (I am not saying how many trains I have or had! :D ) but only a few on the road. I gave away a few, sold some cheap and scrapped most of the rest so at least I have plenty of spares. Not sure how many I still have but it is best if I eventually reduce the bikes to just five of the best ones, as just keeping them in good form is not always simple. They soon deteriate if I don't spend enough time and attention on them.
I like cars and have had many though not all at a time (Probably about 25 to 30 over the years). It is not really a special interest, but more of a general interest. I love Volvos and have had about 14 of them over the years. The rear wheel drive ones were far superior to the modern ones. I am a little more sensible these days, and I now have a fantastic car for me. Suits my needs exactly. A little Mitsubishi I call Mitsi.

MaybeAnAspie101
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 May 2019, 3:44 pm

I don't know for sure if I have Asperger's but I'm almost certain. Anyway, my hypersensitivites are tastes, loud noises, and some sounds like chewing or breathing.

My special interests are How to Train Your Dragon, MBTI, psychology, police work, and the BBC Sherlock.

ReapTheWhirlwind
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2019, 2:33 pm

Hypersensitivities: Certain sounds/textures. I hate Styrofoam boxing. I get really annoyed with certain behaviors, if that makes any sense.

Special interests: Generally History, Biology, Anthropology, Philosophy, Literature, Psychology, and Astronomy. I enjoy video games and tv and movies like everybody else. My intense interests were kind of a timeline: Dragons(and only dragons) including Bakugan fever->Ben 10->The Percy Jackson craze led me towards Greek mythology->Warrior cats series (kept reading until 2016)->Finished Harry Potter in third grade, got into wizards (I still prefer being a mage than a warrior to this day)->Minecraft PE->Astronomy->Physics of Space->Pokemon->Dinosaurs(This was at the time when I managed to buy my own books)->Biology->History->Literature (pretty recent)

das it. I think.

-Issac Einstein (1453)

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2019, 9:26 am

My hypersensitivities are sound, light or sight in general actually (sometimes too many colours can stress me out), smell but not too much and touch. If anyone touches me and I am stressed the level of stress it gets me to is way too high.

My special interests usually link to psychology and depending on where I am mentally can be very dark. This is why when I was really young it was cats, and during my early teens where my mental health problems developed, it was creepypasta, serial killers, bloody make up and murder cases.

troublesomeTome
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2019, 12:02 am

my hypersensitivities are certain sounds (like metal scraping and fabric rubbing against itself...) and bright lights. i also can't stand most strong smells unless they're sweet (i hate patchouli with a burning passion.)

i've had a lot of special interests throughout my life!! ! but the ones that really stick with me are cats, rocks, vocaloid, and steven universe!! !

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2019, 6:57 am

troublesomeTome wrote:
my hypersensitivities are certain sounds (like metal scraping and fabric rubbing against itself...) and bright lights. i also can't stand most strong smells unless they're sweet (i hate patchouli with a burning passion.)

i've had a lot of special interests throughout my life!! ! but the ones that really stick with me are cats, rocks, vocaloid, and steven universe!! !

vocaloid and cats are great