Dating-based events.. what to expect?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

LimboMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2018, 1:52 pm

I've seen on this dating site I'm on they have a event soon where you can meet singles in the evening for a game of bowling. I'm looking in to it but I'm not sure what to expect as I've never been to one before and unsure about the way a man is expected to act in those kind of events. I haven't had a partner before and haven't had much practice flirting. There will be a bar too again which is a unfamiliar setting for me as I don't drink. I can feel anxious and overloaded with many conversations at once at social places, I fear if I go that will happen and appear strange.
Should you go to places like these if you haven't had much practice?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 3:00 pm

Practice flirting... hmmm...

Best way to find someone is to work up your confidence by going to such events and just being a nice person. Going around and throwing around phrases like "Hey baby, you look sweet like chocolate" is just cheesy and will put of women (in my experience). Ask them about their job, what their future plans are, try jokes... experiment, but do not be offensive, try some of the stuff out on friends if you are uncertain.

Women dig confidence. If you do not have it you will "reak" of desperation and they can smell it (not literally) like a wolf can see your fear if you start shaking. If you do not practice it - you will never get it. Just do not expect miracles to happen right away.

Wish i had access to a place like that when i was younger... :roll: