If you had to make a Autistic political party

what would the ideologies be?
would it be left or right wing?
what country would it be in?

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 11:00 pm

No, we have enough "identity" politics movements, plus I don't want to be recognized for something like a diagnosis from the government out of all other places.

Quote:
>what country would it be in?

This is kind of strange, too.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 11:08 pm

An autistic party would be a terrible Idea not just because we are a tiny minority but also because it excludes people who are far worse off than us.

I think an Autistic lobbying group would be a great idea and would not consider it identity politics as to me identity politics is when they claim black people or women must believe a certain thing or that white people are all privileged. Autistic people are varied as much as any other group but we also have a lot in common with each other and suffer with being different in society.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 5:00 am

I you look at the Politics section you see autistics have widely varying political viewpoints so there would be at least several autistic political parties.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ChurchGoingGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 May 2018, 9:49 am

It would be in America. The ideologies would be to advocate for aspies, and to try to make the world a better place, by making it ok for everyone to be themselves without restrictions. There would be advocacy for the downtrodden, and legal and realistic ideas about how to end poverty and hunger and stuff like that. It would try to help out blacks and hispanics and other minorities, while also accepting and tolerating racists like neonazis and stuff in order to prevent outbreaks of violence and to ensure each individual is allowed to express their own ideologies without being policed or troubled. I think it should also reform the prison system, to ensure people don't die just because they don't think and reason like the rest of human society, and just because they made a mistake in life.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2018, 2:35 pm

Ideologies are bad. The automatically divide people into groups and it breeds tribalism. We need to move past that primitive BS and move into the future.

What does ASD's like? Most of us like science, art, philosophy. What don't we like? All the every day drama and social noise. Why would you want to add to that, as an ASD party?

Personally, I like the idea of a Technocracy. Focus on what the ASD mind does best. Try to push the world into a less violent, more constructive direction. Instead of adding to the pathetic s**tshow called "identity" politics....

ChurchGoingGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 May 2018, 3:55 pm

I agree that we shouldn't be violent, but I think that people who are violent often feel regret and should be allowed to change their ways and reform. I think that many criminals are in jail due to being from abusive backgrounds or poor ones. I believe that they just need education and guidance at times. By the way, what is a Technocracy? I think the prison system should be reformed. There is a system in one of the Scandinavian countries that allows criminals to go outside and watch television and stuff. Even people who were terrorists were treated humanely. I think this helps society out. While it's probably true some people will always be criminals, I think that many criminals just want money. If there were nicer prisons and they were taught to care for their own possessions there and work hard for things, they could see that crime wasn't respectable and not worth it. It would be nice too if they didn't just get to exercise and nothing else. This only helps them to build up muscles and then go out and be thugs. If they had other alternatives like a prison library where they could read books and gain intelligence, and they could learn crafts they were interested in to work at, it could help them to be better people and also when they were released there would probably be much less crime. They would be able to get jobs after their release and then they would be able to work for money and lead good, respectable, non criminal lives. It would also be good if some people would hire criminals and they could gain connections by building formal relationships with the cops so the cops could help them get jobs out of prison, etc. I also think that bringing every individual up would make a better society as a whole. The more that we bring those who are down up, the more likely that the rest of society will become better as well, since there are higher standards all over. I also just think it would be important to allow everyone to have their own ideas and express them whilst at the same time educating people about hurting other people's feelings, and being violent due to their ideologies. Teaching them to just discuss their ideologies without acting upon them would prevent lots of potential atrocities. For instance, some people go bananas when someone brings a weapon to school, sometimes arresting them or bashing them and destroying their lives, whilst the ones who will intentionally do things like that will find a way to get around the system unbeknownst to the security.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2018, 4:14 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy

The single biggest problem i see in the world, today, is tribalism and ideologies. There needs to be a voice "above" that kind of mentality.