Nerve agent used in UK - attempted murder of Russian spy

Page 5 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ElleGaunt
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2018, 4:49 pm

Sorry, homer simpson dude, I'm confused: why don't you think it's Putin? Like really, on a gut level, what motivates you to seek out evidence and argue that it wasn't him.

I don't believe you actually believe what you're saying.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 4:54 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
How the hell is he "sending a message" by denying it? He doesn't want even more NATO troops to build up around Russia's borders and for multiple countries to pull out of the World Cup.

You really don't understand the idea of doing something wrong, knowing that no one can ever provide 100% proof it was you, so you deny it completely while knowing the other person will have learned what you are capable of & willing to do? It's really quite a simple concept.

You can push out your conspiracy theories based on probably watching too many films where the evil people are so often Russian, if you like. But I look at evidence. This goes way above our heads. Our same parrot media says that Litvinenko was killed by Putin, even though it wasn't proved and the final verdict was "it was probably Putin". Ignoring the fact that Boris Berezovsky had traces of polonium at his office and in his house (like ya do). It's just easy and a very simplistic answer just to blame Putin because these alleged journalists, politicians and Co don't want to get into all the dirty stuff that goes on in this country. Or, they are just completely ignorant of it.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 4:56 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
Sorry, homer simpson dude, I'm confused: why don't you think it's Putin? Like really, on a gut level, what motivates you to seek out evidence and argue that it wasn't him.

Try reading my posts. I don't go by just "gut level". I look at the evidence and learn from history.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

ElleGaunt
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2018, 4:56 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
The US treats its women, gays and other minorities far better than the vast majority of the world.

Like should all of us 'not like you's be happy with whatever treatment we get as long as you can point somewhere in the world and say "well it's not that bad!"

I mean seriously just think about what you said for a minute. Why should anyone living anywhere be content being treated like a second class citizen. Have you been sleeping the past 7 months since it came out that the majority of females in this country have been truly sexually assaulted?

But that's ok because we can drive cars.

ElleGaunt
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2018, 4:57 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

Try reading my posts. I don't go by just "gut level". I look at the evidence and learn from history.

Oh baby, I read your posts. I read all of them. Don't believe you mean what you're saying. Not by a long shot. You clearly are going from a gut level, I'm just wondering what it is.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 5:03 pm

Boom. The journalist of all journalists steps in

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 5:06 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

Oh baby, I read your posts. I read all of them. Don't believe you mean what you're saying. Not by a long shot. You clearly are going from a gut level, I'm just wondering what it is.

It comes from a level of actually knowing what I'm talking about and not just blindly following what the mainstream media says. I see the signs. The hysterical propaganda is all so familiar.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2018, 8:01 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
Sorry, homer simpson dude, I'm confused: Like really, on a gut level, what motivates you to seek out evidence and argue that it wasn't him.
I don't believe you

It's like what he's trying to get at, has been leaked mainstream here, but not wrong in the sense that it's carrying out the wrong vibe. The same ones that Russia uses, to plant lethal toxins in suitcases.
The public have a right to know how the impact of this is going to affect their day to day lives. Especially if it is so..inconrspicuous and lethal.
Firing all 24 diplomats and ambassadors might make twe kremlim stronger in there ordeals or weaker if they can't get enough mechamisms that serves the wind up merchant it's daily oil reserves

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 10:26 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:

Because he's said he loves Russia more than his own country, and apparently has embraced this new era of the strongman lock, stock, and barrel.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 10:35 pm

ElleGaunt wrote:
Have you been sleeping the past 7 months since it came out that the majority of females in this country have been truly sexually assaulted?

But that's ok because we can drive cars.

Wait, what?! Which country are we talking about here? Saudi Arabia?

If you're going to make such an extravagant claim, then you really do need to provide some justification for it. A bit of evidence, that sort of thing, otherwise we might believe that you just pulled that >50% figure out of your ass.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 1:33 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
How the hell is he "sending a message" by denying it? He doesn't want even more NATO troops to build up around Russia's borders and for multiple countries to pull out of the World Cup.

You really don't understand the idea of doing something wrong, knowing that no one can ever provide 100% proof it was you, so you deny it completely while knowing the other person will have learned what you are capable of & willing to do? It's really quite a simple concept.

You can push out your conspiracy theories based on probably watching too many films where the evil people are so often Russian, if you like. But I look at evidence. This goes way above our heads. Our same parrot media says that Litvinenko was killed by Putin, even though it wasn't proved and the final verdict was "it was probably Putin". Ignoring the fact that Boris Berezovsky had traces of polonium at his office and in his house (like ya do). It's just easy and a very simplistic answer just to blame Putin because these alleged journalists, politicians and Co don't want to get into all the dirty stuff that goes on in this country. Or, they are just completely ignorant of it.

They are not conspiracy theories, they are just people putting forward their ideas in the same way you are. I trust them more than I trust you on this subject.

I don't watch films, I have no interest in them so I don't understand the film comment.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 2:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

Because he's said he loves Russia more than his own country, and apparently has embraced this new era of the strongman lock, stock, and barrel.

You assume he is from the west - how do you know he is? A few years ago we had no reason to disbelieve peoples locations, but today we cannot. Why should Wrong Planet be immune to political manipulation? I have been to far less important forums where i have seen interaction, manipulation and political interference from obvious intelligence and "media organisations".

RT is not a news source, Fox "news" is not a news source, North Korean Central television is not a news source, Al Quaida info ops is not a news source, ISIL propagande videos is not a news source.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 5:51 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

I'm not someone who supports mass immigration pushed by TRAITORS into my country. I love my country more than you love yours. I hate corrupt, lying treacherous politicians who sell their country down the river to those with real power, where as you sing for those types in the US. My government has let in Jihadist ISIS fighters from Iraq as 'asylum seekers', not telling the patents who adopted him that he had been trained how to make bombs by ISIS in Iraq. He then went on to try and blow up a train on our underground station. I would never have let the guy in the country where as you would call anyone racist who tried to stop that. Our SAS most likely trained the Manchester bombing terrorist attacker in Libya, where he was coming back and forth from. I'd have let him rot out there, where as the politicians you support are very much responsible for the dead people in the Manchester arena. CHILDREN!! !

I am a nationalist and want to see the traitors in my parliament dragged through Traitors Gate at the Tower of London and punished for treason Trump is a nationalist amd thinks he's doing what's best for the country, unlike the traitors around him that know they are selling the US down the river. Putin is also a nationalist and does what he thinks is best for Russia. There's zero evidence for any of these insane claims about Russia but there's loads of evidence for attacks on your country by your alleged main ally, but you're too scared to admit it. So easy just to make up fake stories about Russia.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 5:53 am

Ichinin wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

You assume he is from the west - how do you know he is? A few years ago we had no reason to disbelieve peoples locations, but today we cannot. Why should Wrong Planet be immune to political manipulation? I have been to far less important forums where i have seen interaction, manipulation and political interference from obvious intelligence and "media organisations".

RT is not a news source, Fox "news" is not a news source, North Korean Central television is not a news source, Al Quaida info ops is not a news source, ISIL propagande videos is not a news source.

I'd worry about your own country being transformed into a hell hole if I was you.

Oh the irony, given that all the mainstream news channels have been getting news from Syria from the White Helmets who are tied to Al Qaeda.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 11:37 am

Whomever did this be it the Russians retaliating against a traitor or somebody framing Russia was willing to let civilians be collateral damage. That distinguishes this attack and makes it a incident of bio terrorism. That point has not been emphasized enough.
Russian spy attack: Hundreds in Salisbury could be poisoned in years to come with 'no cure', says nerve agent developer Public Health England insists the risk to the general public remains low after 38 people assessed

Quote:
One of the Russian chemical weapons scientists who developed the Novichok nerve agent has warned that hundreds of people could be at risk for years following the attack in Salisbury.

Vil Mirzayanov, who fled to the US two decades ago, claimed Sergei Skripal and his daughter would not recover from the poisoning.

“There is no cure,” he told Sky News from his home in New Jersey. “There are antidotes but…they will be invalid for whole life.”
Read more

Dr Mirzayanov said Novichok was so powerful that extremely small doses could remain a danger to public health for years, listing possible symptoms including headaches and loss of coordination.

“It’s very bad because even the very small doses, very small, still they are very effective and then there will be consequences for years probably,” he added.

The former Soviet Union scientist said public health advice, including washing clothes and sealing belongings was “not enough” and confirmed that hundreds of people could be at risk.

Asked whether he felt guilty for his part in developing Novichok, he added: “I participated in this criminal enterprise, because of that I’m probably the most fiery enemy of these chemical weapons.

Public Health England (PHE) issued advice for people who visited The Mill pub and Zizzi restaurant, where Mr Skripal and his daughter ate and drank before falling ill, to wash their clothes and belongings, and seal off anything that cannot be manually cleaned.

Neil Basu, Assistant Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said 38 people had been seen by doctors in relation to the incident.

He told a press conference that 34 of those patients had been assessed and discharged, with Mr Skripal, his daughter and Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey remaining in hospital and one person being monitored as an outpatient.

The officer said anyone known to have been in the same area as the victims has been directly contacted, adding: “This is over a week later – people are not presenting symptoms, we are not seeing them.”

Professor Paul Cosford, medical director and director of health protection at PHE said there was "no evidence to support the suggestion that short-term exposure to trace quantities" would affect people's health.

“The health effects of chemical exposures are generally related to the dose received," he added. "It is clear that this substance can have a serious immediate effect on those who have a significant dose.

"In contrast, the general public who were in the Mill Pub or Zizzi’s restaurant could only have been exposed to extremely small traces, if any. There will have been a huge difference between the dose those requiring treatment received, and any received by the public."

Life continued in Salisbury’s city centre, where shoppers have said they are getting on more or less as usual around police cordons.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 1:34 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ElleGaunt wrote:

I'm not someone who supports mass immigration pushed by TRAITORS into my country. I love my country more than you love yours. I hate corrupt, lying treacherous politicians who sell their country down the river to those with real power, where as you sing for those types in the US. My government has let in Jihadist ISIS fighters from Iraq as 'asylum seekers', not telling the patents who adopted him that he had been trained how to make bombs by ISIS in Iraq. He then went on to try and blow up a train on our underground station. I would never have let the guy in the country where as you would call anyone racist who tried to stop that. Our SAS most likely trained the Manchester bombing terrorist attacker in Libya, where he was coming back and forth from. I'd have let him rot out there, where as the politicians you support are very much responsible for the dead people in the Manchester arena. CHILDREN!! !

I am a nationalist and want to see the traitors in my parliament dragged through Traitors Gate at the Tower of London and punished for treason. Trump is a nationalist amd thinks he's doing what's best for the country, unlike the traitors around him that know they are selling the US down the river. Putin is also a nationalist and does what he thinks is best for Russia. There's zero evidence for any of these insane claims about Russia but there's loads of evidence for attacks on your country by your alleged main ally, but you're too scared to admit it. So easy just to make up fake stories about Russia.

Have you any idea how much evil has been done in history in the name of nationalism? Nationalism is used by industrial and politicians to sell unjust wars and genocides.