Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 8:41 am

Wow I had no idea there was lvls to this now. A lot has changed since I was diagnosed back in 2009 apparently.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 8:43 am

Is this level thing like a platform game?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 9:29 am

Actually I would kinda like to know what the distribution of the population of WP is.

I was officially diagnosed with aspergers like three years ago. Apparently I must have been one of the last folks in the USA to get that particular diagnostic label.

Since aspergers is essentially the same thing as "high functioning autism without speech delay", and since HFA is more or less the same thing as "level one", and since I pretty much blend in to society (you hafta to get to know me well before you realize whata basket case I am. Lol!) I would be "level one".

Balbituate
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Mar 2018, 2:58 pm

Probably level one. But issues such as other mental health issues, health issues, executive dysfunction and sensory issues really bring down my functioning level. My executive dysfunction makes me have pretty much no life, so I get very closed off with people. I always get nervous when they ask questions about my life.

With my sensory issues I have pretty much no choice but to be hyper. I know perfectly well how my hyper/stimming behaviors look socially, but I can’t help it. It seems like compression helps a lot. I was already subconsciously doing it by wearing skinny jeans and generally tight clothing. I always thought I just did that for looks until I tried wearing loose clothing and realized how uncomfortable I find it. I’m thinking of trying corsets and other forms of compression so I can stop stimming and just look normal. I’ll also look skinnier and more hourglass as a bonus. I’look wear the corset under my clothes because wearing corsets over your clothes can look geeky if you’re not careful.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 4:11 pm

Personally, I feel I'm somewhere in that "never never land" e.g. caught in the middle between a '1' and a '2.'

It's best to take numerical indicators/scales with "a grain of salt!"

It's been wisely said, "if you meet one person on the Autism spectrum......you've met one person on the spectrum!"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 4:43 pm

I'm guessing that I'm a level 1 with a few level 2 tendencies.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 5:02 pm

The way I look at it is if someone is level 2, observably there's definitely something wrong with them. I don't think a level 2 person could go very far into childhood without having gotten some kind of diagnosis. For older people it might have been a misdiagnosis of mental retardation or brain damage, but it would have been something along those lines. They would have spent a lot of time in clinics as a small child getting tested and would have been placed in special education etc.

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2018, 10:42 pm

Level one, without language impairment.

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 1:18 am

i feel im quite mild. i think im good as passing as a non autistic. people apparently dont see me as autistic but im still not typical if that makes sense.

i still struggle with things like managing daily life, socializing, dealing with sensory issues and im very absorbed in narrow topics

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2018, 10:47 pm

Diagnosis says 'mild'. Because my IQ, language usage/access, and physical impressions says so. And this was during my worst years, with sensory intolerance and social aversion.

But underlying it, I think it's between 'mild' and 'moderate'. Closer to 'moderate' with really good workarounds.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

LilLoki
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2018, 2:18 pm

Level 1, aspie