Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

cbowman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2018, 3:12 pm

Before three years ago I used to get soooo much anxiety going to the grocery store by myself as before I had a boyfriend that handled all that.. It has gotten easier as I've forced myself but I still get a lot of anxiety going to the grocery myself every week.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 3:14 pm

cbowman wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
I actually take depakote, latuda, and carbamazepine. My Mom is thinking about talking to the doctor about Lithium because my grandfather takes it and I feel like my other three meds aren't working 100%.

I don't like mental health doctors either because I always get the feeling they look down on their patients and are just trying to push pills on them instead of actually helping them. But I know now that I need my medication. Without it I can't control myself and I go very manic. :(

*Hug*

I guess I can't speak on that because I haven't taken any. Do you look at nutritious food as you look at meds? That they are vital for you. Especially because I'm small and I have really small bones I've put a lot more focus on eating foods like salmon , walnuts, black chia seeds in my Greek yogurt etc etc blah blah

*hugs back* :heart:

I know I've pretty much cut out all caffeine drinks because I learned that caffeine is actually really bad for you if you have Bipolar Disorder and can trigger your mania just like alcohol and drugs.

I'm trying to eat healthier too but not because of my Bipolar Disorder. I had gallbladder surgery not too long ago and I found out I have a fatty liver too so I'm trying to take better care of my body. :)