Page 17 of 17 [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,162
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

31 Mar 2018, 4:05 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Muslim countries are awful places.


I must admit I have only first hand experience of Egypt and UAE. Liked the first, the latter just totally lacked any kind of soul, though maybe more fool me for judging UAE purely on Dubai.

Which Islamic countries have you experienced?



Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 4:07 am

None but they don't do well when it comes to human rights.



Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,162
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

31 Mar 2018, 4:10 am

That's like reviewing films based on trailers alone :lol:



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

31 Mar 2018, 4:32 am

Biscuitman wrote:
That's like reviewing films based on trailers alone :lol:


He could at least read the plot summary! :lol:


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 4:45 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
That's like reviewing films based on trailers alone :lol:


He could at least read the plot summary! :lol:


What does that even mean?

Muslims ignoring the Quran is like Neo Nazis ignoring the holocaust.



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

31 Mar 2018, 11:19 am

Daniel89 wrote:
What does that even mean?


You haven't even read about these countries that you are so quick to criticize.

Quote:
Muslims ignoring the Quran is like Neo Nazis ignoring the holocaust.


What does this even mean?

Don't most Nazis deny the Holocaust? ... and yet you think that most Muslims follow the Quran absolutely.

I'm detecting some definite hysteria here. :lol:


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,928
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

31 Mar 2018, 1:40 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Raping a child is inherently wrong just because it may have been common does not make it acceptable.



The practises of child marriage and of pederasty of young boys were both very common through out history. The understanding of rights that drives our perspective that these practises are rape is quite recent and your hysterical fixation on evaluating one historic figure through a this lens is unreasonable.


_________________
Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan was the devil and the government is lying about 9/11.


Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 6:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Raping a child is inherently wrong just because it may have been common does not make it acceptable.



The practises of child marriage and of pederasty of young boys were both very common through out history. The understanding of rights that drives our perspective that these practises are rape is quite recent and your hysterical fixation on evaluating one historic figure through a this lens is unreasonable.


He is not merely a historic figure though is he, he is a prophet of God a man who Muslims believe to be the greatest person ever.



Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 6:26 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
What does that even mean?


You haven't even read about these countries that you are so quick to criticize.

Quote:
Muslims ignoring the Quran is like Neo Nazis ignoring the holocaust.


What does this even mean?

Don't most Nazis deny the Holocaust? ... and yet you think that most Muslims follow the Quran absolutely.

I'm detecting some definite hysteria here. :lol:


Which countries specifically?

Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect word of God if they do not believe the Quran is the perfect word of God then they are not Muslim.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,928
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

01 Apr 2018, 2:22 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Raping a child is inherently wrong just because it may have been common does not make it acceptable.



The practises of child marriage and of pederasty of young boys were both very common through out history. The understanding of rights that drives our perspective that these practises are rape is quite recent and your hysterical fixation on evaluating one historic figure through a this lens is unreasonable.


He is not merely a historic figure though is he, he is a prophet of God a man who Muslims believe to be the greatest person ever.


Even the greatest person even isn't infallible. Further, if accepting someone as a cultural hero means supporting every action they ever engaged in, us in the west have plenty of pederasts and takers of child brides to denounce. I'll wait for you to start denouncing the cultural heroes of Western civilization, or concede that our embrace of them means no more than Muslims embracing someone else who engaged in similar behaviours. Until then I'll accept your concession (by default) that you're merely a hypocrite.


Daniel89 wrote:
Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect word of God if they do not believe the Quran is the perfect word of God then they are not Muslim.


I smell a dash of No true Scotsman. Please tell us more of what you believe Muslims believe, since you're clearly the foremost expert on them. :wink:


_________________
Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan was the devil and the government is lying about 9/11.


DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

01 Apr 2018, 2:33 pm

Isn't it funny? Daniel thinks that the concept of white male privilege is "obscene", but he hates Muslims for being misogynists.

In other words, misogyny is only bad when Muslims are misogynists.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

01 Apr 2018, 10:04 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Raping a child is inherently wrong just because it may have been common does not make it acceptable.



The practises of child marriage and of pederasty of young boys were both very common through out history. The understanding of rights that drives our perspective that these practises are rape is quite recent and your hysterical fixation on evaluating one historic figure through a this lens is unreasonable.


He is not merely a historic figure though is he, he is a prophet of God a man who Muslims believe to be the greatest person ever.


Even the greatest person even isn't infallible. Further, if accepting someone as a cultural hero means supporting every action they ever engaged in, us in the west have plenty of pederasts and takers of child brides to denounce. I'll wait for you to start denouncing the cultural heroes of Western civilization, or concede that our embrace of them means no more than Muslims embracing someone else who engaged in similar behaviours. Until then I'll accept your concession (by default) that you're merely a hypocrite.


Daniel89 wrote:
Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect word of God if they do not believe the Quran is the perfect word of God then they are not Muslim.


I smell a dash of No true Scotsman. Please tell us more of what you believe Muslims believe, since you're clearly the foremost expert on them. :wink:


Muhammad was chosen by God! He is not merely a historical figure but a religious one. We can respect the contributions historical figures have made without thinking they are good people let alone the greatest person ever.

What ever western culture heroes you may be talking about are not religious figures merely people who contributed to history.

Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect word of God that is undisputable.



Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

01 Apr 2018, 10:06 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Isn't it funny? Daniel thinks that the concept of white male privilege is "obscene", but he hates Muslims for being misogynists.

In other words, misogyny is only bad when Muslims are misogynists.


What are you even talking about you? Are you saying not believing in white male privilege is misogyny?