Page 16 of 17 [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

30 Mar 2018, 5:56 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Lack of knowledge is not an opinion. Do you think the majority of the public know Muhammad was a paedophile,slave owning, a serial rapist, mass murdering warlord?


Are Islamophobes allergic to historical context?

Muhammad was a pedo by modern standards, but he was living in world in which it was normal for men to have sex with girls as soon as they were fertile.

Slavery was common in the Middle East at the time. Warlords were common as well.

Muhammad was against forced conversions. Therefore, he must have earned the respect of the Middle Eastern people. That's how his religion took off.

How did Muhammad earn respect? He argued that polygamy was only okay if you were capable of loving all of your wives equally. He rejected racism. He rejected ancestor worship because this was leading to perpetual tribal warfare, so he replaced all of those revered ancestors with a singular, indivisible deity. This united the Arabian Peninsula and reduced the amount of tribal warfare in the region.

Of course, none of this really matters because Muslims believe that Muhammad was a flawed human being, not a divine avatar. Muslims believe that Islam comes from God, and that Muhammad was merely a messenger.

... and then there's the fact that Jesus is mentioned in the Quran more times than Muhammad is. Muslims have tremendous respect for Jesus. This is why early Catholic leaders regarded Islam as a heresy of Christianity, rather than a separate religion entirely.


Historical context is meaningless Muslims believe Muhammad was the greatest person ever and that is why God chose him as his final prophet.

Wow just wow I cannot believe you are trying to justify child abuse. Paedophilia is not a relative concept, its sexual attraction to children. Muhammad married a 6 year old molested her by rubbing his penis between her thighs and then he vaginally raped her when she was 9, the idea that is normal is sickening paedophilia is a mental illness just because some societies have tolerated doesn't mean its normal.

Muhammad traded two African slaves for 1 Arab slave that sounds pretty racist to me.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,645
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

30 Mar 2018, 6:54 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Lack of knowledge is not an opinion. Do you think the majority of the public know Muhammad was a paedophile,slave owning, a serial rapist, mass murdering warlord?


Are Islamophobes allergic to historical context?

Muhammad was a pedo by modern standards, but he was living in world in which it was normal for men to have sex with girls as soon as they were fertile.

Slavery was common in the Middle East at the time. Warlords were common as well.

Muhammad was against forced conversions. Therefore, he must have earned the respect of the Middle Eastern people. That's how his religion took off.

How did Muhammad earn respect? He argued that polygamy was only okay if you were capable of loving all of your wives equally. He rejected racism. He rejected ancestor worship because this was leading to perpetual tribal warfare, so he replaced all of those revered ancestors with a singular, indivisible deity. This united the Arabian Peninsula and reduced the amount of tribal warfare in the region.

Of course, none of this really matters because Muslims believe that Muhammad was a flawed human being, not a divine avatar. Muslims believe that Islam comes from God, and that Muhammad was merely a messenger.

... and then there's the fact that Jesus is mentioned in the Quran more times than Muhammad is. Muslims have tremendous respect for Jesus. This is why early Catholic leaders regarded Islam as a heresy of Christianity, rather than a separate religion entirely.


Historical context is meaningless Muslims believe Muhammad was the greatest person ever and that is why God chose him as his final prophet.

Wow just wow I cannot believe you are trying to justify child abuse. Paedophilia is not a relative concept, its sexual attraction to children. Muhammad married a 6 year old molested her by rubbing his penis between her thighs and then he vaginally raped her when she was 9, the idea that is normal is sickening paedophilia is a mental illness just because some societies have tolerated doesn't mean its normal.

Muhammad traded two African slaves for 1 Arab slave that sounds pretty racist to me.


Mohammad behaved in ways that were considered normal within his culture. In order to qualify as a paraphilia one needs to engage in activity that's abnormal by the standards of their culture. Mohammad isn't the only significant historic figure to have married a child, but he seems to be the only one who ever has it brought up endlessly, even when not at all relevant to the topic at hand. :roll:


_________________
Imagine this post narrated in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried


Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

30 Mar 2018, 7:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Lack of knowledge is not an opinion. Do you think the majority of the public know Muhammad was a paedophile,slave owning, a serial rapist, mass murdering warlord?


Are Islamophobes allergic to historical context?

Muhammad was a pedo by modern standards, but he was living in world in which it was normal for men to have sex with girls as soon as they were fertile.

Slavery was common in the Middle East at the time. Warlords were common as well.

Muhammad was against forced conversions. Therefore, he must have earned the respect of the Middle Eastern people. That's how his religion took off.

How did Muhammad earn respect? He argued that polygamy was only okay if you were capable of loving all of your wives equally. He rejected racism. He rejected ancestor worship because this was leading to perpetual tribal warfare, so he replaced all of those revered ancestors with a singular, indivisible deity. This united the Arabian Peninsula and reduced the amount of tribal warfare in the region.

Of course, none of this really matters because Muslims believe that Muhammad was a flawed human being, not a divine avatar. Muslims believe that Islam comes from God, and that Muhammad was merely a messenger.

... and then there's the fact that Jesus is mentioned in the Quran more times than Muhammad is. Muslims have tremendous respect for Jesus. This is why early Catholic leaders regarded Islam as a heresy of Christianity, rather than a separate religion entirely.


Historical context is meaningless Muslims believe Muhammad was the greatest person ever and that is why God chose him as his final prophet.

Wow just wow I cannot believe you are trying to justify child abuse. Paedophilia is not a relative concept, its sexual attraction to children. Muhammad married a 6 year old molested her by rubbing his penis between her thighs and then he vaginally raped her when she was 9, the idea that is normal is sickening paedophilia is a mental illness just because some societies have tolerated doesn't mean its normal.

Muhammad traded two African slaves for 1 Arab slave that sounds pretty racist to me.


Mohammad behaved in ways that were considered normal within his culture. In order to qualify as a paraphilia one needs to engage in activity that's abnormal by the standards of their culture. Mohammad isn't the only significant historic figure to have married a child, but he seems to be the only one who ever has it brought up endlessly, even when not at all relevant to the topic at hand. :roll:


Because Muhammad is not just a historical figure but also a religious one.

Raping a child is inherently wrong just because it may have been common does not make it acceptable. What kind of a God would choose a paedophile as their final Prophet?

Muslims believe Muhammad the greatest person ever even though they know his evil actions.



Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,219
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

31 Mar 2018, 1:41 am

on another thread recently you said something to the effect of the only true Muslims are extremists.



Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 1:44 am

Biscuitman wrote:
on another thread recently you said something to the effect of the only true Muslims are extremists.


That is true. You cannot moderately be a vegan. You either believe in something or not.

You cannot moderately believe Jimmy Saville was the greatest man who ever lived.



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

31 Mar 2018, 1:46 am

Daniel89 wrote:
You cannot moderately be a vegan.


Yes you can. If you just eat what you want and don't force your diet on anyone else, that's moderate veganism.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 2:37 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
You cannot moderately be a vegan.


Yes you can. If you just eat what you want and don't force your diet on anyone else, that's moderate veganism.


No you are either a vegan or you are not its not a spectrum talking about it does not change that.



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

31 Mar 2018, 2:55 am

Daniel89 wrote:
No you are either a vegan or you are not its not a spectrum talking about it does not change that.


Two Things:

1. Being militant about a belief does matter. This can totally change a person's overall character. If I was militant about all of my beliefs, my family would hate my guts.
2. Are you deliberately trying to annoy me? You just stitched four sentences together in order to make one annoying sentence.

It really annoys me when I'm trying to have a serious discussion on a forum and I have to decipher posts that are hard to read because of purple text or highly improper sentence structure.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 2:58 am

A vegan who never talks about being a vegan is just as much as a vegan who tells everyone they are vegan.



Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,219
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

31 Mar 2018, 3:03 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
on another thread recently you said something to the effect of the only true Muslims are extremists.


That is true. You cannot moderately be a vegan. You either believe in something or not.


False equivalence. That also really just shows you don't understand Islam or religion.

People can follow religion in whatever ways fits for them, just because the Daily Mail and Tommy Robinson try and convince gullible people the opposite, doesn't make it true.

I have a friend at work who went to the hajj 4 years ago yet i went out with him after work last week and he drank beer. He is still Muslim and nothing anyone can say changes that, it's his personal choice.



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

31 Mar 2018, 3:09 am

Daniel89 wrote:
A vegan who never talks about being a vegan is just as much as a vegan who tells everyone they are vegan.


Which would you rather eat dinner with? :lol:


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 3:15 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
on another thread recently you said something to the effect of the only true Muslims are extremists.


That is true. You cannot moderately be a vegan. You either believe in something or not.


False equivalence. That also really just shows you don't understand Islam or religion.

People can follow religion in whatever ways fits for them, just because the Daily Mail and Tommy Robinson try and convince gullible people the opposite, doesn't make it true.

I have a friend at work who went to the hajj 4 years ago yet i went out with him after work last week and he drank beer. He is still Muslim and nothing anyone can say changes that, it's his personal choice.


Are you trying to say Intoxicants are not Haram?

People cannot follow Islam in what ever way fits them at all. Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect and final word of God they cannot just pick and choose.



Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,219
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

31 Mar 2018, 3:27 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
on another thread recently you said something to the effect of the only true Muslims are extremists.


That is true. You cannot moderately be a vegan. You either believe in something or not.


False equivalence. That also really just shows you don't understand Islam or religion.

People can follow religion in whatever ways fits for them, just because the Daily Mail and Tommy Robinson try and convince gullible people the opposite, doesn't make it true.

I have a friend at work who went to the hajj 4 years ago yet i went out with him after work last week and he drank beer. He is still Muslim and nothing anyone can say changes that, it's his personal choice.


Are you trying to say Intoxicants are not Haram?

People cannot follow Islam in what ever way fits them at all. Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect and final word of God they cannot just pick and choose.


Islam, just like Christianity, is adapted by many of its followers to fit modern society.

Do you think people who don't follow the Bible to its original literal word are not really Christians?



Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 3:32 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
on another thread recently you said something to the effect of the only true Muslims are extremists.


That is true. You cannot moderately be a vegan. You either believe in something or not.


False equivalence. That also really just shows you don't understand Islam or religion.

People can follow religion in whatever ways fits for them, just because the Daily Mail and Tommy Robinson try and convince gullible people the opposite, doesn't make it true.

I have a friend at work who went to the hajj 4 years ago yet i went out with him after work last week and he drank beer. He is still Muslim and nothing anyone can say changes that, it's his personal choice.


Are you trying to say Intoxicants are not Haram?

People cannot follow Islam in what ever way fits them at all. Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect and final word of God they cannot just pick and choose.


Islam, just like Christianity, is adapted by many of its followers to fit modern society.

Do you think people who don't follow the Bible to its original literal word are not really Christians?


Christians believe the Bible was inspired by God which is why the vast majority of them pick and choose, personally I do not believe these people are real Christians.

Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect and final word of God adapting it goes against the religion.



Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,219
Location: Dunking jammy dodgers

31 Mar 2018, 3:53 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
on another thread recently you said something to the effect of the only true Muslims are extremists.


That is true. You cannot moderately be a vegan. You either believe in something or not.


False equivalence. That also really just shows you don't understand Islam or religion.

People can follow religion in whatever ways fits for them, just because the Daily Mail and Tommy Robinson try and convince gullible people the opposite, doesn't make it true.

I have a friend at work who went to the hajj 4 years ago yet i went out with him after work last week and he drank beer. He is still Muslim and nothing anyone can say changes that, it's his personal choice.


Are you trying to say Intoxicants are not Haram?

People cannot follow Islam in what ever way fits them at all. Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect and final word of God they cannot just pick and choose.


Islam, just like Christianity, is adapted by many of its followers to fit modern society.

Do you think people who don't follow the Bible to its original literal word are not really Christians?


Christians believe the Bible was inspired by God which is why the vast majority of them pick and choose, personally I do not believe these people are real Christians.

Muslims believe the Quran is the perfect and final word of God adapting it goes against the religion.


By your definition there would be almost no Christians or Muslims in the world today.

I am sure there must be a reason as to why you feel you want to take the thinking or behaviors or a tiny amount of people and use that to tarnish a whole chunk of society just to try and say something negative about them.

If you have a problem with religion, or with one religion in particular, that is absolutely fine. As long as you stick to that and explain your point of view well then generally people won't have an issue with it, you may find more people than you realise agreeing, but when you clearly twist it all to try and and unfairly talk down normal everyday people then it is you that will be ignored and dismissed as just holding prejudices.



Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,592

31 Mar 2018, 3:58 am

I'm not twisting anything I am doing the exact opposite taking a religion at its word. There are very few Christians in the western world but there are many Muslims in the Islamic world which is why Muslim countries are awful places.