Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 10:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
My dad had read a book on Smedley Butler and how well connected American fascists had tried to orchestrate a right wing coup to destroy democracy. I also remember a documentary on the History Channel about this, when they actually had actual history on their channel.

interestingly, no charges of treason or something else were ever brought up against the plotters. they were above the law, it would seem. they are still above the law.

And believe it or not, it was all publicly exposed by the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities, back when it was still very liberal.

I never quite understood why the working class is so eager to give a pass to these creeps, and to actually worship them in an quasi-sacrilegious manner?

Thankfully not every working class person, as the history of organized labor can attest.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 10:16 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
My dad had read a book on Smedley Butler and how well connected American fascists had tried to orchestrate a right wing coup to destroy democracy. I also remember a documentary on the History Channel about this, when they actually had actual history on their channel.

interestingly, no charges of treason or something else were ever brought up against the plotters. they were above the law, it would seem. they are still above the law.

And believe it or not, it was all publicly exposed by the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities, back when it was still very liberal.

I never quite understood why the working class is so eager to give a pass to these creeps, and to actually worship them in an quasi-sacrilegious manner?

Thankfully not every working class person, as the history of organized labor can attest.

but that was your ancestor's working class, not today's working class.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 10:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

but that was your ancestor's working class, not today's working class.

Sadly that may be true. I sincerely hope that's not the case for everyone in the working class.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 10:36 pm

^^^judging by the historically flagging union membership numbers, i'm afraid today's working class has been largely [spiritually] lobotomized.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 12:52 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^judging by the historically flagging union membership numbers, i'm afraid today's working class has been largely [spiritually] lobotomized.

My dad, who had been a staunch union man, would have sadly agreed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 12:56 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

how to un-dumb-down the working class to where they useta be?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 1:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Unfortunately, things will have to get worse for them before they regain the class consciousness of their forefathers. And I mean like losing their middle class standing largely as a class, and becoming part of the lower class. Only then will they be willing to fight to regain the promise of the American dream.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 4:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Unfortunately, things will have to get worse for them before they regain the class consciousness of their forefathers. And I mean like losing their middle class standing largely as a class, and becoming part of the lower class. Only then will they be willing to fight to regain the promise of the American dream.

by then it may be too late.