Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Mar 2018, 11:36 am

Long before I ever heard of autism, I heard the song 'Boy named Sue' by Johnny Cash. Back then I knew I was different, but I thought it was in a good way. Unfortunately, no one else did. To every one else, besides my grandmother, I was bad. For me, it didn't take too many trips to the principal's office before I knew life was going to be hard. So when I heard "the world is rough and you gotta be tough" in the middle of 'Boy named Sue' I started listening, then I began relating to other parts of the song. The lyric "either get tough or die" sunk in the most because my mother would always say "someday you're going to run into the wrong person and get killed if you don't learn to behave". Obviously terrible parenting, but whatever, the song turned out good and so would I.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 12:20 pm

And his surname is ... Me?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Mar 2018, 12:37 pm

I got tough instead of living with the anxiety my mother was trying to pin on me. Now I avoid people with anxiety instead of being one of them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 8:32 pm

Welcome to WP! :D