Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2018, 10:54 am

Anyone else hate sticky? Just in general.

My bf is a nightmare to live with. He'll make a jam sandwich and he'll get butter all over the worktop and jam EVERYWHERE! He lets it drip down the outside of the jar. I just can't deal!! Even when he leaves a plate on the side with left over gravy and the knife and fork have slid fully into the gravy... nope! I have to try pick the cutlery up with the tips of my fingers best i can to move them into the sink lol

It amuses me, but i just really really hate it! Honestly don't know how my bf can live like that lol

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2018, 6:07 pm

So stick things are a sticking point? Haha!

Maybe try getting a box of nitrile gloves when you do the dishes?

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Knurttt
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Mar 2018, 7:26 pm

If something is like really sticky and meant to be sticky, I'm fine, might even like it. But if it's anything else then I do hate it, like things on jars and such, and feeling slightly sticky from sweat. I absolutely hate the feeling of being hot and sweaty, though maybe it's not really sticky.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 8:29 pm

Sticky has its place, but not on plates, jars and counters.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 8:44 pm

Its not my favorite but I can deal with it, but if you really hate it you could get some dish-washing gloves so you don't have to actually touch anything.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 8:47 pm

Glflegolas wrote:
So stick things are a sticking point? Haha!

Maybe try getting a box of nitrile gloves when you do the dishes?

I'd recommend the more sturdy reusable dish-washing gloves, they probably will get holes after a while and need to be replaced. But I had a dishwashing job and forgot my gloves some days or they'd get a hole and start leaking, so I tried using the disposable gloves and those don't help much...were better than nothing since I had to use a lot of really hot water but the actual cleaning/dishwashing gloves work better.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2018, 10:02 am

I have this with super-dry things. I just can't touch any dry wood for example. Or walk barefoot over a dry sauna floor (that is my ultimate nightmare) or hold a wooden ice cream stick. I dislike it so intensely.