How can I accept turning 30 and still being single?

Page 11 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 6:44 pm

Marknis wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Oh grow up please...plus no need to report as Alex has already read your moaning

Downplaying other people's emotions is not mature and you aren't contributing to the thread in any meaningful way so you are indeed trolling. I did nothing to you and you still came at me so take your own advice about "growing up".

He’s not wrong. And no one “downplayed your emotions.”

Your display here could be considered a tantrum. And Alex has already read your moaning & respectfully responded.

The issue here is that people are trying to help you way more than you’re willing to help yourself and you’re complaining about it as if it’s a violation of forum rules to post sound advice or suggest someone make an effort to work on themselves. It’s quite ridiculous how you could possibly interpret positive encouragement as being negativity from your so-called “detractors,” really.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 6:46 pm

Because (in case you haven't noticed) you are attacking people trying to give you sound advice (sound familiar)

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Oh grow up please...plus no need to report as Alex has already read your moaning

Downplaying other people's emotions is not mature and you aren't contributing to the thread in any meaningful way so you are indeed trolling. I did nothing to you and you still came at me so take your own advice about "growing up".

Your display here could be considered a tantrum. And Alex has already read your moaning & respectfully responded.

The issue here is that people are trying to help you way more than you’re willing to help yourself and you’re complaining about it as if it’s a violation of forum rules to post sound advice or suggest someone make an effort to work on themselves. It’s quite ridiculous how you could possibly interpret positive encouragement as being negativity from your so-called “detractors,” really.

I didn't ask Alex for help. I didn't even ask him to respond. I'd rather not hear from him.

cyberdad is not helping me. How is telling me I am throwing a tantrum help? That's just putting words in my mouth and he's stirring up past s**t. I also didn't attack Grand Inquisitor, Zeromancerlove, kraftiekortie, Sweetleaf or blooiejagwa. Those posters I have respect for. I just spoke against those who claim they hate my threads but still post in them.

cyberdad wrote:
Because (in case you haven't noticed) you are attacking people trying to give you sound advice (sound familiar)

You aren't. You are just jamming words in my mouth.

Last edited by Marknis on 03 Apr 2018, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 7:07 pm

This is just history repeating itself Marknis

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 7:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
This is just history repeating itself Marknis

And why do you care? Leave the thread if you don't like it. Is it really so hard to do that?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 7:17 pm

Actually I hope you can find a way to feel better about yourself Marknis. Posting here on WP has clearly not been working for you

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 7:30 pm

Marknis wrote:
I didn't ask Alex for help. I didn't even ask him to respond. I'd rather not hear from him.

cyberdad is not helping me. How is telling me I am throwing a tantrum help? That's just putting words in my mouth and he's stirring up past s**t. I also didn't attack Grand Inquisitor, Zeromancerlove, kraftiekortie, Sweetleaf or blooiejagwa. Those posters I have respect for. I just spoke against those who claim they hate my threads but still post in them.

cyberdad wrote:

Why would Alex, or anyone, require your permission to reply to a thread? And why would you rather not hear from him? I suspect it’s because he’s calling you out for creating your own problem on the forum and attempting to blame others for it. And also because he (and others) posts advice suggesting that perhaps you start doing some work to change yourself in order to become & get what you want and you’d rather get sympathy that vlidates & reinforces your routine complaining so you can justify changing nothing and carrying on complaining until the next person agrees with your distorted thinking.

Maybe there’s value in the messages that set you off. Maybe you need to take a moment and ask yourself why someone would describe your forum behaviour as being a tantrum and realize that it’s because you’re conducting yourself like a 3 year old who didn’t get his way with something.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 7:59 pm

Marknis wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

cyberdad wrote:

Alex is well known as a heavy hitter in autism advocacy. When you consider what he had to deal with growing up, all the risks and crap he took just by starting this website, and all that he’s gone on to accomplish, I’d try to learn as much from him as possible.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 3:02 pm

Locked by request.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)