Discussion threads (in this forum) to bump-up?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 5:57 pm

After looking back through several 'Random Discussion Forum' pages, a few discussion threads (whose last posts were a few months back) piqued interest, and hence necessitated bumping-up.

On 'Page 14' (as of this writing) on 'Random Discussion Forum' , the topic 'What Do You Think About Daylight Savings Time?' piqued interest; that is after several days of Daylight Savings Time, I'm still struck by the extra daylight left at 6pm during the late Winter/Early Spring days.

Just after the hour-change, I mentioned that the time is ripe for 'artificial intelligence algorithms' to reassess time zones; as well as whether or not (I prefer not) changing our clocks every few months is actually necessary?

There's even been consideration for placing much of Northern New England i.e., Boston, Portland ME in the Atlantic Time Zone (one-hour ahead of the Eastern Time Zone) - hence the Continental U.S. would have four time zones. The reason for this is that it gets dark in places like Boston before 5pm in the weeks surrounding the DEC 21th Winter Solstice.

All along, the U.S. states of Arizona, and Hawaii remain on Standard Time; that is AZ, and HI seem suited remain on fixed time schedules.

What specific threads necessitate bumping-up? What are specific reasons for bumping-up old discussion threads a few months old?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 8:48 pm

I don't bump up threads. I live in the here and now.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 3:09 pm

The 'Jokes About Asperger's' thread (LINK) was bumped-up last month after the last post in March 2017!

After reading the dozen variations of the 'how many people does it take to change a light-bulb?', I couldn't resist adding my own version of a light bulb joke. I also felt compelled to respond to the joke about 'not suffering from Autism, just suffering from the [NT] idiots!'

Pages 6,7 and 8 of the 'Random Discussion' thread (as of this writing) contain the latest additions to the jokes thread.

It's important to post, and read content that brings laughs!

LINK: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=37899&start=75

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 4:33 pm

Bumper cars

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 10:24 pm

The 'Post a Random Fact About Your Room' discussion (LINK included) was selected because the said discussion thread was the first thing I thought about when I woke up.

(LINK) viewtopic.php?f=24&t=55026&start=810