Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 9:57 am

Walking costs time, just like posting here does.

I’ve long thought of powering my computer with a pedal-driven generator. I think I’d be pretty fit if I had one.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 2:24 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
And walking.

I lived in Yurp for several years - hiked all over, took trains and hiked some more, and saw lots of other people hiking and just walking everywhere. Didn't notice much obesity. Every time I came home to the US on visits, my compatriots looked fatter and sadder. And people drive everywhere, here.

Walking is one of the best stress-busters there is. Costs nothing :-). If you live someplace where you can do it safely, or at all :-( .
Where is Yurp :? did try looking it up, nothing.

Oh - sorry, I was being a goof. Europe. I read an article once about how we Yankees pronounce things, and pronouncing Europe as Yurp kinda hit my funnybone because I actually knew people who did that. Sorry! Also, it was Switzerland.
:D This explains why I couldn't find it when I searched my maps of Canada and South America. I agree about the benefits of walking, I live in a rural area. I've never been to the US but my Mum has been to several areas and she said she finds it much harder to walk about in daily life than any other country (she's been nearly everywhere) because of the difficulty in crossing such wide roads and walking from shop to shop. That must make it hard because although I like to walk I do most of it as a part of just getting about, walking to work and the shops ect.