Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 1:32 pm

I love this show, I TiVo it on USA all the time. Vincent D'onofrio's character is sometimes interpreted as being a high-functioning autistic and if thats what he's going for, he's doing an excellent job IMO. There are a lot of subtle peculiarities he throws into his performance that I didn't pick up on until I had watched the show for a while (the way he flinched back when someone almost bumped into him at the library, one scene where he started melting down from the pressure in a case and started babbling incoherently - his partner just watching on confusedly).

Its my favorite show for when I need a 'whodunit' fix :)

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2007, 2:22 pm

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
I love this show, I TiVo it on USA all the time. Vincent D'onofrio's character is sometimes interpreted as being a high-functioning autistic and if thats what he's going for, he's doing an excellent job IMO. There are a lot of subtle peculiarities he throws into his performance that I didn't pick up on until I had watched the show for a while (the way he flinched back when someone almost bumped into him at the library, one scene where he started melting down from the pressure in a case and started babbling incoherently - his partner just watching on confusedly).

Its my favorite show for when I need a 'whodunit' fix :)

I know! I watch Detective Goren, and I see lots of myself, and I love it. I do not remember the part where he begins babbling, but I remember the one in the library. Most favorite show ever.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 8:54 am

I love ALL the Law & Orders. I DVR them, so I can watch them when I have time. It's the only show that I watch, literally.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2007, 6:23 pm

d'onofrio is the only reason i watch that show. I love his character. i can relate to him.