What things do you think shouldn't have been invented?

Page 21 of 34 [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 34  Next

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 6:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
covid-19 :skull:

YES
especially since i read that some (a lot of??) scientists believe it was bio-engineered by a lab to be a biological weapon

in Wuhan, China, to be specific. several nations including USA and canada, gave millions to that lab. something is fishy in denmark.

millions to that lab?? what the hell??
:evil: :evil: :evil:
why do countries always give millions to stupid things like weapons

(to other countries--not even their own)
and this disgusting lab --

but often lack that for their own vulnerable people or important, relevant causes?

is there any country not involved in something dirty?

oftentimes i tell my sister, though i don't know any specific ones to invest my beliefs in ,
it would be both naive and blind to assume that conspiracy theories are all a crock. especially when clear evidence is there and many came about throughout history- that's how the world works- you can't avoid it in history, so why would they all of a sudden not be plausible now?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 6:08 pm

way back in the 30s, it was known widely among anybody who read widely and paid attention, and was even quoted by Charlie Chaplin to have said, "it is a wicked, WICKED WORLD we live in today."

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 6:16 pm

i really think twitter shouldn't have been invented. the word limit in itself makes people turn into tabloid journalists of their own thoughts

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 6:18 pm

No dissrespect for the idea and all the hard work many have put into it, but I honestly feel that the European Union should not have been invented because it has destroyed the uniqueness of individual countries and has brought an air of sameness to them all. It is just too large an entity so areas like mine seem forgotton about.
Probably the largest achillies heel situation is they have to curb industrial expansion within the EU to control inflation, as the EU is so varied it is too much of a juggling act to control, and implying laws to govern the whole of the EU just does not work, as they may work in one area, but be completely irrelevent and surpressive in another country who does not have the same issues. We have similar issues where laws are made in London to try to correct an issue in London, but the rest f the country could have the opposite issue and they end up seriously hampered due to the law.

I am certainly not against the concept of the Common Market as this was a good idea (Which the UK joined as we have not officially joined the EU as it was never put to the public vote).

It just does not work.

In the words of the forward thinking Schmaker (Not of racing car fame) "Small is beautiful".

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 6:26 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Coresettes, posture necklaces and chastity belts. I despise what trans men had to go through for centuries just because they couldn't be their authentic selves. That's the Status Quo for you.

i love corsets (modern versions) because they keep my back straight/posture in check. less back/shoulder aches.
actually feel i can accomplish more because i feel more alert with good posture. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 7:30 pm

one should not wear the corset always as it can cause atrophy of important core musculature. :idea:

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 8:31 pm

yeah i do it once in a while, similar to son's stander, to give me a feel of the correct posture and the correct coordination that follows..

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 8:33 pm

^^^that's good :)

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 8:48 pm

thanks..
maybe like how they say
about the vagal nerve (digestive system connecting brain,
so improving digestive health helps some autistic symptoms reduce in intensity)
--

i read something that linked spinal curvature to autism a long time ago..

my mom would regularly have us visit a chiropractor..
who said my spine (near neck) was oddly out of alignment/ curved..

then when i took my elder to chiropractor, they showed me the same thing with him.
(

and XH's older brother who has severe (i think.. or level 2 maybe.. has never been diagnosed)
has a hunched and curved spine (in an obvious way) that worsened over time and needed surgery ..

and delays (level of 3 year old) ..

maybe fixing posture helps a lot of things in autism subtly... subtle is better than nothing.

quite vague.

someone here might know something more substantial about it

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 8:49 pm

unfortunately for me, i grew up in the dark ages when schools didn't routinely do scoliosis screening so i had a childhood of frailty with un-dx'ed thoracic scoliosis. :| i don't know how that factored in to me having my various spectrumey things going on.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 10:09 am

radioactive water & radioactive toothpaste :albino:

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 10:56 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
In my opinion it is atomic bombs and social cues.

I would say atomic bombs are the best but the worst invention at the same exact time, because one of the reasons why we didn't have a war such as WW1 or WW2 in 70 years, was because of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) which was a result of atomic bombs existing. Social cues are bad for some of us because some of us autistics don't know what we could be doing when we can't tell certain expressions.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 5:15 am

Many things very likely at the moment. I cannot specify which...

Because it's nothing to do with the inventions itself.
But to do with humanity's overall growth is slower against it's faster technological growth.

So if there are inventions shouldn't be invented, I'd say inventions humans will easily mishandle, abuse or overly dependent over because humans overall are too immature for it.

To a point of stagnating themselves or fight over it, creating new diseases, various health and social issues from it due to it's misuse or outright ignorance -- worse, never realizing it until it's too late or never learned from it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 6:18 am

pyrrhicwren wrote:

Do they work? What are the advantages?

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 6:30 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
pyrrhicwren wrote:

Do they work? What are the advantages?

It's very good for cancer. For giving you cancer, that is.

In the early 20th century there was a craze for radioactive quack remedies. Roughly in the period between the discovery of radioactivity and the discovery of, er, radiation poisoning. Worryingly, I've heard there are still a few "radon spas" around the world where people with more money than sense go to inhale radioactive gas.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 7:05 pm

Digital learning/education, also known as distance learning. How do people stay focused if they are not interested, it's easy for them to just open another tab and look something up rather than actually work.