What things do you think shouldn't have been invented?

Page 28 of 34 [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:52 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Using young boys as "child soldiers."

Good point.Thats very true.I feel sorry for those poor kids.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 10 Dec 2021, 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 12:29 am

Tide Pods

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 12:38 am

I wish dividend paying stocks did not have to be invented to keep investors.i wish every stock could be a good investment yet pay no dividend.I especially wish that dividend traps and stock market dogs and long-term low to no return to negative return dividend paying stocks would of never been invented or came into being.I wish no religious Christian holidays like Christmas,Thanksgiving to a certain but lesser extent and Easter would of never been invented.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:00 am

AAA games or most of them.

Why put more money into developing a game when putting a bunch of money doesn't guarantee success. Minecraft is an indie game and it was a hit while a good amount of AAA games are hated.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:05 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish dividend paying stocks did not have to be invented to keep investors.i wish every stock could be a good investment yet pay no dividend.I especially wish that dividend traps and stock market dogs and long-term low to no return to negative return dividend paying stocks would of never been invented or came into being.I wish no religious Christian holidays like Christmas,Thanksgiving to a certain but lesser extent and Easter would of never been invented.

I like the idea of a gift giving holiday for children and people who don't have jobs to buy gifts. I can heavily agree with you that Christmas is being commercialized and milked for profits.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:13 am

Conscription.

I wouldn't oppose conscription in a country like France, Germany, or Russia where a drafted soldier is actually safer than a civilian because most deaths in a good amount of wars were mostly civilian. But however in a country like the US or UK you don't really need conscription because all you need is a good navy and the geography will pretty much do the rest and same can be said for countries like Australia, Canada, and New Zealand as well.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:15 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

I like the idea of a gift giving holiday for children and people who don't have jobs to buy gifts. I can heavily agree with you that Christmas is being commercialized and milked for profits.

Okay I was meaning I wish Christmas was not invented to celebrate religiously.But I dont have a job and I have no money of my own so it kind of makes me feel bad.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:21 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm gonna put child labour at the top of the list.

I agree! It's another form of exploitation!

but how would family farms and ranches have functioned without any of the farmers and ranchers kids working the fields?

I could make an exception for some part time entry level jobs such as picking up clothes and putting them on hangars or stocking shelves at a grocery store where its only a few hours a day for a few days a week. Child labour by its very definition is employing children in a business and family farms and ranches don't really count.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:25 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Okay I was meaning I wish Christmas was not invented to celebrate religiously.But I dont have a job and I have no money of my own so it kind of makes me feel bad.

I'm sorry for that I hope you can find a job and get some money of your own sometime soon.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:33 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

I'm sorry for that I hope you can find a job and get some money of your own sometime soon.

Thank you buddy.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 2:21 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I wish political parties in the US would of never been invented.I wish Coca-Cola and Pepsi would have never been invented so Dr Pepper could be the king of soft drinks.I wish OPEC and state-owned oil and gas companies like Saudi Aramco would of never been invented.I wish that unprofitable oil and gas wells were not invented or rather come did not come into being.I wish that bonds yielding below 4 to 7 percent would of never been invented.I wish no more social media networks after MySpace would of been invented.I wish there was no invention of Facebook.I wish smartphones like the iPhone would of never been invented but I must admit I enjoy them now after I was forced into getting them.I wish Mormonism would of never been invented.I wish 401Ks as a retirement vehicle would of never been invented.I wish the Prohibition movement would of never happened.

Dr Pepper: I heavily agree.
State owned oil companies: I can agree to.
Smartphones: I agree and disagree because I like smartphones but however I think smartphones are too expensive and have gone way too far these days and I don't ask much out of a phone to the point the even the original Iphone could meet all things I want out of a phone like internet, games, taking pictures, texting, and calling.
Facebook: I can agree and the thing that keeps me on Facebook is pretty much friends and family.
For Mormonism and 401ks: Why do you wish they weren't invented?

I wish 401ks would of never been invented because it was responsible for killing pensions and killed retirement for many lower middle class to middle class people.The 401k was never meant to be the sole retirement plan someone would have.It was meant to supplement the pension but it did not happen that way.It forced many people who knew nothing about the stock market into saving for retirement the best they could in the stock market with no pension and just their nest egg and social security.I just wish Mormonism was not invented for various reasons...too many to list.

Me personally I can agree but however I think people should save up for retirement first and use a pension/social security as a last resort. I think Mormonism never being invented would be a good alternate history and Brigham Young was one of the worst politicians in American history just type in 10 worst governors in American history and you will find a video with him as the worst governor.

Oh okay kool it depends on the country because America includes most people to contibute to social security as part of the FICA tax.Money is put into Social Security out of every 16 year olds first paycheck from their first job to rest of their working career to fund the national retirement system of social security but i would not advise young people to count on Social Security to fund their whole retirement.Nowadays its mostly government jobs that have pensions in the US not private sector.I did not know Brigham young was an actual politician much less a governor.I think the feds deemed the Mormons a serious threat because of the whole Utah theocracy thing.

I know you said many reasons for why mormonism shouldn't been invented but if you could say just one or things you dislike about mormonism what would it be or whatever comes to your mind first?

I dont like that I heard they hid millions or billions from the IRS alledgedly and i dont like the fact that they think that marriage is eternal and doesnt end at death.I dont like that they have historically been against caffeine.i wish that magnum rifles were not invented for the most part and I wish that premium especially bonded bullets for game like white tail deer were never invented.I wish the 7.62 x 39mm and the AK-47 would of never been invented.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 2:23 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

well I wont be able to get control over any of my own money soon because of the 2000 dollar rule which is another thing I wish was never invented.I am not legally allowed to have a full-time job.I wish church buildings would of never been invented.I wish Dave Ramsey's all debt is bad debt philosophy would of never been invented.I wish that fracking would of never been had to been invented to restore Texan and American oil and gas production.I wish that Standard Oil and Chevron and ExxonMobil would of never been invented.I wish that City-Data and Reddit would of never been invented.I wish government bonds would of never been invented.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 7:37 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Using young boys as "child soldiers."

Good point.Thats very true.I feel sorry for those poor kids.

Me too. It will always another form of child exploitation.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 3:22 am

Things that go "beep".

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 6:49 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Conscription.

I wouldn't oppose conscription in a country like France, Germany, or Russia where a drafted soldier is actually safer than a civilian because most deaths in a good amount of wars were mostly civilian. l.

Faulty reasoning.

The fact that more civilians than soldiers died in a particular war in a particular place doesnt necessarily mean that it was "safer to be a soldier than to be a civilian". The population of civilians is always much larger than the population of soldiers. If your comparing safety/danger what matters is the proportion of people in each group who die, not the actual number. Even in the worst genocidal wars a greater proportion of soldiers die than civilians. More Soviet civilians died in WWII than Soviet soldiers. But the proportion of deaths in the Red Army was still greater than that of civilians.

More Americans die every two months on the highway than died in the Twin Towers on 9-11.

But that doesnt mean that it was "safer to be in the Twin Towers in 9-11 than to be a motorist in normal times".

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 4:30 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Things that go "beep".

Such as what, if you don't mind me asking?