What things do you think shouldn't have been invented?

Page 24 of 34 [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 12:22 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Artificially produced music especially pop country music which really isn't country music at all.

Define artificial.

Manmade.

All music is man-made unless you mean the songs of birds. :?

I mean't artificial by sounds that come from drum machines as opposed to real drum sets.

But drum machines are handy tools for the home recording artist. It's a lot handier than having to set up and mic up a real drum kit. I prefer being able to record music to not being able to record music.

Vintage analog drum machines have their own unique sounds that make them preferentially suitable for certain types of music. Entire genres owe their existence and sonic identity to the various Roland drum machines. The musical landscape over the past 30 years without 808 and 909 kick drums would be a different and much less interesting place.

What I mean is mumble rap stuff which doesn't even use instruments but rather computer generated sounds that don't sound as good as instruments.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 12:30 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
What I mean is mumble rap stuff which doesn't even use instruments but rather computer generated sounds that don't sound as good as instruments.

It's not my favourite type of music but who am I to judge how other artists wish to express themselves? Whether or not I appreciate a type of art is separate from whether or not it should get to exist.

There's loads of musical trends I can't stand but I just let them motivate me more strongly to do things my way.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 7:47 pm

All those exciting composite packaging materials (plasticised foil, etc.) which have a recycling symbol on them when the truth is more like "An experimental plant in Croatia once managed to recycle 2 kilograms of this crap before their electricity bill bankrupted them." When I empty the bins at work, frankly you could swap the recycling and the general waste sacks over and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Part of that is general human stupidity / laziness, but part of it is people believing this misleading labelling. [/rant]

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 7:45 am

Wind chimes.

And now a bit of commentary: I simply do not understand the appeal of listening to what amounts to the sound of breaking glass 24/7/365. And from what I've seen of people who have wind chines hanging outside their windo or door, they constantly have the TV going inside anyway and can't hear their own wind chines while the endless sound of breaking glass is forced upon their neighbors who do not saturate their existence with hyperactive media all day and all night.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 7:52 am

Delivery surcharges for alleged remote areas which have perfectly good roads.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 8:14 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Wind chimes.

And now a bit of commentary: I simply do not understand the appeal of listening to what amounts to the sound of breaking glass 24/7/365. And from what I've seen of people who have wind chines hanging outside their windo or door, they constantly have the TV going inside anyway and can't hear their own wind chines while the endless sound of breaking glass is forced upon their neighbors who do not saturate their existence with hyperactive media all day and all night.

They dont sound like "breaking glass" to me.

Often theyre quite musical. But its like hearing musicians play the same few notes over and over again. Was waiting at a bicycle repair shop once that had windchimes (or their neighbors did). And the chimes had the same sequence of notes as the opening of the Doors song "Break on Through"-that dark cool metallic "ding ding ding DA ding ding DA ding ding" sound. Kept expecting to hear Jim Morrison break in with "the day divides the night. Night DEVOURS the day...break on through to otherrrrr side..". And that song got stuck in my head all day after I left. If I worked at the place all day it would prolly drive me nuts. :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 10:34 pm

Political "third-party" organizations.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 7:48 pm

Any temperature 85 (30 c) degrees (especially with high humidity).

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 7:54 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Wind chimes.

I don't see how wind chimes sound like breaking glass, can you explain it to me please?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 7:54 pm

Tik tok

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:51 pm

artificial fingernails

those weird tattooed-looking eyebrows that are currently popular

false eyelashes

perfume and cologne

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 10:49 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
perfume and cologne

huh?

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 5:20 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Any temperature 85 (30 c) degrees (especially with high humidity).

Any temperature higher than 85 degrees (30 celsius).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 1:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
perfume and cologne

huh?

People should smell like people, not chemicals. Many of us are hypersensitive to scents and develop severe migraines or other neurological reactions to fragrance. I can't even walk into department stores that have those spritzing people at the door. I can't have anything with artificial or chemical scents in my house. I can't even bring flowers indoors.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 10:55 pm

The most relative feature on Facebook because every time I see something that has two comments it just shows one. Facebook, most relative to what? Me personally I want to see it all and get that "most relative" feature out of my way.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 11:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
perfume and cologne

huh?

People should smell like people, not chemicals. Many of us are hypersensitive to scents and develop severe migraines or other neurological reactions to fragrance. I can't even walk into department stores that have those spritzing people at the door. I can't have anything with artificial or chemical scents in my house. I can't even bring flowers indoors.

Yes, I agree.