6th Sense something is wrong-socially & in general

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

vest9
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Mar 2018, 12:44 pm

I'm wondering if other people ever experience a sixth sense, kind of information coming from another source in different situations?

I sometimes have almost premonitions or a sixth sense something bad is about to happen.

Also occasionally in family social situations I can tell deep down if people are being superficially pleasant and can feel an under current ...another dialogue under the surface. I never get this gut feeling in social situations with friends or people I don't know well, it's only my family. So it could be that I'm systemising information from memory banks of experience with family and I can sense people are being false.

Now this almost sounds like the opposite of Aspergers an oversensitivity, almost too much social awareness, it's really confusing me!! Yesterday my family were together I know individually they don't get along that well but all together it was jokes and pleasantries, it made me feel very agitated because I could see it was superficial and underneath there was a palpable feeling all was not ok.

Don't know if others have experienced anything similar or in general get sixth sense/intuition. Thanks all

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Mar 2018, 8:05 pm

I could be hyper empathy which is sometimes a thing with Asperger's/ASD. I feel it sometimes but it happened more when I younger and more socially lost though. Almost like I would get general feelings of what was going on but not the more complex social nuances. At the same time I feel like it makes me even more socially awkward sometimes because I'll mention those undertones that apparently are meant to be kept secret.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:27 pm

I have had several 6th sense episodes, thankfully none of them pertained to disasters.

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:41 pm

Hyper empathy + hyper sensory awareness. Like horses or really any prey animal, able to perceive the slightest change that most others can't. It could be so small that you aren't conscious, but your unconscious mind will start problem solving.

I think my lack of social skill are exactly from being hyper aware. I don't know how to go along with fake conversations or react how people expect. I either overreact to nothing or shut down because I feel so much that it's blinding.

vest9
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Mar 2018, 1:40 pm

Star cats- yes I can identify with what you're saying completely, it makes me uncomfortable when NTs do pretend niceties. I feel very hyper aware of everything and notice small changes and also have hyper sensory awareness too. I think it was this hyper awareness that Temple Grandin used to her advantage when working with cattle, she was able to see the tiny changes that affected them.