Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 12:45 pm

The coffers of the Vatican have the equivalent of a trillion USD. This makes this church the wealthiest entity on earth. They could use 1% of this to permanently wipe out poverty world wide. Jesus said you should take what you have and give it to the poor. He said this to rich guys who hated him for it. So whats the hold up? Whats this vast sum being used for?

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2018, 4:05 pm

maintenance of the bureacratic structures
maintenance of buildings
lawyers to defend their club members against child abuse accusations
child abusers
booze and hookers

BobinPgh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2018, 1:25 am

That question is why I do not support the Catholic church: What does all this money buy? You do have a choice in the matter, just don't make any donations to them. So far, I have found that the only charities I give to are animal care charities and maybe veterans organizations. Oh, and don't dare ask "What does all that money buy" from a person who is devout Catholic, you will get an earful!! (no emoticon for yelling, you need one)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 2:03 am

It's one of the reasons why Protestantism became popular.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 12:48 pm

This church THRIVES on poverty and has no interest in ending it. I'm glad to see three people here who know the truth.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 12:58 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
The coffers of the Vatican have the equivalent of a trillion USD. This makes this church the wealthiest entity on earth. They could use 1% of this to permanently wipe out poverty world wide. Jesus said you should take what you have and give it to the poor. He said this to rich guys who hated him for it.

Quote:
So whats the hold up? Whats this vast sum being used for?

hookers and blow

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 1:00 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
The coffers of the Vatican have the equivalent of a trillion USD. This makes this church the wealthiest entity on earth. They could use 1% of this to permanently wipe out poverty world wide. Jesus said you should take what you have and give it to the poor. He said this to rich guys who hated him for it.

Quote:
So whats the hold up? Whats this vast sum being used for?

hookers and blow

And legal defense for priests who rape. Whats the Catholic definition of heaven? A nude, mute, 12 year old eunuch altar boy with no gag reflex and a rectum the self lubricates.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 1:16 pm

"One cannot really be Catholic & grown-up."
- George Orwell

I will admit that the Catholic Church sometimes does good things. For example, the Catholic Church now admits that evolution is real and that the earth revolves around the sun.

Here's the Thing: The entire concept of Papal infallibility is an abomination. When you accept that something is true just because the pope said it, you aren't being an intellectual.

For example, let's say you believe in evolution just because the pope accepts it. Isn't it better to read about how evolution was discovered in the first place? I mean, this requires intellectual effort ... but you grow as a person when you learn about why something is considered true.

Charles Darwin was a badass who travelled all around the world, observing the behavior of animals and being friendly towards hunter-gatherer tribes. He didn't pull evolution out if his arse. He developed his scientific theory after observing the natural world first-hand for several years and also reading books by other people who did the same thing.

Do the Catholic authorities really understand the scientific theories which they now accept? I suspect that they are merely caving into public pressure in a desperate attempt to keep their church alive. This allows them to preserve their position of power and opulence.

Read about this history of the Catholic Church. It has always been one giant Machiavellian power grab.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 1:50 pm

Fact: Pope Innocent III supported King John when he was resisting the Magna Carta.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 1:51 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Fact: Pope Innocent III supported King John when he was resisting the Magna Carta.

The Vatican also supported Nazi Germany, that's well documented.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 2:00 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

The Vatican also supported Nazi Germany, that's well documented.

Yep. They were also condemning communism around the same time.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2018, 2:14 pm

Another Fact: The Catholic Church used yellow badges to mark Jews long before the Nazis did so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_badge