Should HS Gun Aficionados Counter-March?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 4:55 am

Should high school students who disagree with the March For Our Lives pro-greater regulation of guns movement register their disagreement with the MFOL people by putting an anti-greater gun regulation counter-event and march? It would appear to be the obvious thing for people who feel that way to do.
They could counter the MFOL people by, unlike them, not walking out of class but, say, arranging a set-up on a Saturday where the SFSFF - the Students For Safety, Freedom, and Fun - could be seen doing volunteer work, as they display their liking of guns. After that, there could be a SFSFF March - there are probably more red areas if the United States where a pro-gun SFSFF March would our-draw a MFOL event - Even if, granted, those areas would probably not be Brooklyn or Seattle :lol: ! - I am sure that there are plenty of HS types who are Eagle Scouts or Junior ROTC types who would make an attractive face of the SFSFF ' son't gun aficionados want to argue their cause? I'm sure that Fix News and Rush, it Al, would give such a movement massive favorable publicity! :wink:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 5:21 am

Of course they should, and with their guns proudly on display.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2018, 11:39 am

Of course, they should be able to though I doubt they would be allowed to in most places. A bunch of high school kids with guns would be seen as the greatest security threat in the history of whatever locale those protest place in.

While others marched for their lives, these folks marched for their guns

Quote:
In Washington, Eric Ciabottonia, 19, and John Bolduc, 18, traveled with a group of students from Pennsylvania State University to march for gun rights. The freshman engineering majors said they are supporters of President Donald Trump and came to voice their beliefs about the Second Amendment and see what the opposing side thinks.
"I came to open dialogue," Ciabottonia said, adding that calling for a ban on bump stocks was reactionary. "I like talking to people I disagree with so I can get a broader range of views. I'd say there's a lot of misinformation and I came to talk to people."

At a Salt Lake City high school, a demonstration supporting gun rights began an hour before the March for Our Lives rally in the same spot, according to CNN affiliate KUTV. The Utah Gun Exchange called its rally the March Before Our Lives, using the word "before" because their march began ahead of the main march.
View image on Twitter

Counterprotesters gathered for the March for Our Lives gun control rally in Boston, according to CNN affiliate WBZ-TV. During the march, counterprotesters and marchers shouted at each other and police had to step in to keep the peace. It got to the point where police had to from a perimeter around the counterprotesters to prevent any potential clashes.

Protesters and counterprotesters were separated by a fence during the March for Our Lives demonstration in Bentonville, Arkansas, according to CNN affiliate KNWA-TV. Counterprotesters chanted "preserve our Second Amendment."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman