Mother charged with trying to decapitate Autistic son

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

eikonabridge
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 7:25 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean if its not a disability I should be able to fairly easily get and keep a job, but I can't do that I need help...so I am starting with voc-rehab again since the job I got while working with them last time didn't work out. There are things I want to do with my life but it seems to me I need some help to get there. Yes, I'd love to just throw myself out there and figure it out but I already tried that too many times and failed. I am not saying your view-point is wrong for your life or situation, I mean everyone has a different experience. But my experience as an autistic person is that it is a Disability. Maybe in a different kind of society it wouldn't be a disability but currently living in this society its certainly a disability to me. That is why I get SSI income, can't very well argue 'I'm not disabled' out of pride...because then I'd be back to where I started with no financial help.

Autism did not cause any of your problems. You heard me right. Don't blame your problems on autism. Autism's gotta nothing to do with your problems.

If autism is a problem, how come my children are successful? How come I am successful? Can you please explain that? How come I have a happy family? How come my neurotypical wife would tell everyone that, if she had a choice, she would still choose to raise autistic children, instead of neurotypical children?

Understand this point first, because it is crucial: autism did not cause any of your problems.

Every day, I would look at my children, admire their smiles and their creativity. I am happy, but at the same time a bit poignant. My children have a childhood that I did not have. Don't get me wrong, my parents are very good parents, I love them. But they did not understand me. I had to grow up without being understood.

- - -

In the parents forum, I have explained, time and again, that all symptoms of autism are identical to those from people that have undergone extended solitary confinement. One person just asked about his step-son's OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).

Your problems are caused by solitary confinement: your parents, teachers, and everyone around you, did not how to communicate with you. You grew up flying solo. The damage from solitary confinement can be long-lasting.

Your parents, teachers, and people around you (e.g. therapists, if you had them) were intellectually disabled, like most parents, teachers, and therapists today out there. They had no clue how to raise you. They left you in solitary confinement, your entire life long.

Your problem is you are underdeveloped.

Underdevelopment is the elephant in the room that no one wants to look at. Everyone just wants to look at OCD, sensory issues, verbal shortcomings, lack of social skills, or the fact that they can't get jobs or retain jobs, etc. Everyone just want to reach these Hallelujah mountain peaks (as in Avatar movie), without realizing that these lofty goals are simply fantasies: real mountain peaks sit on top of a body and a foundation. Real mountain peaks don't float in the air. People waste time in all those useless therapies. The real problems are not sensory issues, verbal issues, or lack of social skills. None of those things are relevant. All those things are all Hallelujah mountain peaks.

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=296628

Why don't you check out my past postings, or my YouTube channel, and see with your own eyes what I have made with my hands, or what my children have made with their hands? We don't just talk. We create things. Things that people can see, can touch, can read, or can watch. No one single other parent in the world comes close to what I have created with my own hands for my children. Show me one single other parent that has raised their children by making animation video clips. Go, google, ask around. Search around the world over. You will find zero, nil, nada. In my children's early years, I talked to them, every day, every night, through drawing pictures and writing down words. You think my children's reading skills came from nowhere? My son was hyperactive, couldn't focus on anything static when he was 2.5 years old, let alone recognize any letters. But one day, I came to understand him. Before he was 3 years old, I've taught him to read books. Yeap, not just words, but sentences. I understood him in time, but I still regret having wasted about 1 year of my son's life: I should have understood him earlier.

Autistic children communicate through visual-manual channel. Parents that don't use their hands are effectively leaving their children in solitary confinement.

- - -

Autism did not cause any of your problems. Underdevelopment did.

- - -

Autistic people do have amazing brains. Don't let yourself get into the self-pity stage. You do have excess of neural connections. To help yourself, there is no need to look at anything else. You simply need to look at your own hands, and ask this very simple question: "What have I created lately, with my own hands?" If the answer is nothing, then you know where your problem lies.

Go out, google around. Write, draw, learn to use image/video/sound editors. Acquire skills. Express yourself, in 2D or 3D. (This weekend I want to build a safety elevator model with my son, to mimic Elisha Otis' original safety elevator. It's for a school presentation, related to a biography project.) Learn some programming languages. Learn some foreign languages. Look for MOOC courses. Learn to do projects with Raspberry Pi and Arduino. You don't need to pick so many things, but you could start with a foreign language.

I do know about group homes. But I am not sure that's the best solution. People's lives get all too easy, and they stop learning. Life is fun and there is plenty to learn. Self-pity is not the way to go.

eikonabridge
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 7:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
One small istsy bitsy thing missed in stories like this is it neglects that parents of children with autism have a higher chance of having a mental illness

In particular schizophrenia. The mother could well have been having a delusional episode

To you everything is a mental illness. You blame everything on something else, no different than blaming on someone else.

Even schizophrenics are starting to view themselves as just neural variants.

See, it's all very simple math. Today's human clans run in the size of about 10 million people (typical size of a country, in rough order-of-magnitude sense). Take square root of that, you get 3,000. Schizophrenia's prevalence rate stands at about 1 in 100. Sorry mate. Mother Nature does not make mistakes at that level.

Schizophrenia and autism are not mental illnesses. As much as you want them to be, they cannot be considered as mental illnesses. They are not outlier behaviors. They are part of what's normal. They are intended by Mother Nature.

Last edited by eikonabridge on 31 Mar 2018, 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 8:06 am

Autistic son or not, it is very bad to decapitate your children

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 9:41 am

If one of us did this to one of them, they would be all full of "Autistics are violent and horrible, and this proves it!! !"

Yeah, autism can lead to violence. This story is a good example.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 9:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
This mother, obviously, had serious problems which went beyond the fact that her son had autism.

She is NOT an example of how a typical "NT" would have handled the boy.

I believe it is. There are numerous examples of NT mothers who want or have tried to kill their autistic offspring. And they usually get much support and sympathy from other NTs who hate us.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 10:10 am

RainbowUnion wrote:
If one of us did this to one of them, they would be all full of "Autistics are violent and horrible, and this proves it!! !"

:D :D :D for sure!

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 2:32 pm

Its not that we are not "developed enough".

My brain is like a Ferrari when it comes to science. Now a Ferrari is a terrible vehicle for everyday use. Nobody would want it or buy it as an everyday grocery grabber. The upkeep would be much to high for one, and you would have no real place to put your goods. But on the race track, a Ferrari can do things a Honda Civic could never dream of doing.

There are societies in which there are few or no neurodivergent people. Places like South America and Africa, where the native populations didn't get out of the stone age on their own. Sure they socialize and have what NTs call culture, but where does this get them? Nowhere. My hypothesis is that the world over NT people would never have invented any science and only the most simple of tech on their own.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 3:25 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
This mother, obviously, had serious problems which went beyond the fact that her son had autism.

She is NOT an example of how a typical "NT" would have handled the boy.

I believe it is. There are numerous examples of NT mothers who want or have tried to kill their autistic offspring. And they usually get much support and sympathy from other NTs who hate us.

Most NT’s do not kill or attempt to or want to kill their autistic kids. It is news because it is an exception. Way way too many people feel sympathy for parents who kill thier autistic kids but that does not equate to thinking is a good thing to do.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2018, 3:39 pm

eikonabridge wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean if its not a disability I should be able to fairly easily get and keep a job, but I can't do that I need help...so I am starting with voc-rehab again since the job I got while working with them last time didn't work out. There are things I want to do with my life but it seems to me I need some help to get there. Yes, I'd love to just throw myself out there and figure it out but I already tried that too many times and failed. I am not saying your view-point is wrong for your life or situation, I mean everyone has a different experience. But my experience as an autistic person is that it is a Disability. Maybe in a different kind of society it wouldn't be a disability but currently living in this society its certainly a disability to me. That is why I get SSI income, can't very well argue 'I'm not disabled' out of pride...because then I'd be back to where I started with no financial help.

Autism did not cause any of your problems. You heard me right. Don't blame your problems on autism. Autism's gotta nothing to do with your problems.

If autism is a problem, how come my children are successful? How come I am successful? Can you please explain that? How come I have a happy family? How come my neurotypical wife would tell everyone that, if she had a choice, she would still choose to raise autistic children, instead of neurotypical children?

Understand this point first, because it is crucial: autism did not cause any of your problems.

Every day, I would look at my children, admire their smiles and their creativity. I am happy, but at the same time a bit poignant. My children have a childhood that I did not have. Don't get me wrong, my parents are very good parents, I love them. But they did not understand me. I had to grow up without being understood.

- - -

In the parents forum, I have explained, time and again, that all symptoms of autism are identical to those from people that have undergone extended solitary confinement. One person just asked about his step-son's OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).

Your problems are caused by solitary confinement: your parents, teachers, and everyone around you, did not how to communicate with you. You grew up flying solo. The damage from solitary confinement can be long-lasting.

Your parents, teachers, and people around you (e.g. therapists, if you had them) were intellectually disabled, like most parents, teachers, and therapists today out there. They had no clue how to raise you. They left you in solitary confinement, your entire life long.

Your problem is you are underdeveloped.

Underdevelopment is the elephant in the room that no one wants to look at. Everyone just wants to look at OCD, sensory issues, verbal shortcomings, lack of social skills, or the fact that they can't get jobs or retain jobs, etc. Everyone just want to reach these Hallelujah mountain peaks (as in Avatar movie), without realizing that these lofty goals are simply fantasies: real mountain peaks sit on top of a body and a foundation. Real mountain peaks don't float in the air. People waste time in all those useless therapies. The real problems are not sensory issues, verbal issues, or lack of social skills. None of those things are relevant. All those things are all Hallelujah mountain peaks.

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=296628

Why don't you check out my past postings, or my YouTube channel, and see with your own eyes what I have made with my hands, or what my children have made with their hands? We don't just talk. We create things. Things that people can see, can touch, can read, or can watch. No one single other parent in the world comes close to what I have created with my own hands for my children. Show me one single other parent that has raised their children by making animation video clips. Go, google, ask around. Search around the world over. You will find zero, nil, nada. In my children's early years, I talked to them, every day, every night, through drawing pictures and writing down words. You think my children's reading skills came from nowhere? My son was hyperactive, couldn't focus on anything static when he was 2.5 years old, let alone recognize any letters. But one day, I came to understand him. Before he was 3 years old, I've taught him to read books. Yeap, not just words, but sentences. I understood him in time, but I still regret having wasted about 1 year of my son's life: I should have understood him earlier.

Autistic children communicate through visual-manual channel. Parents that don't use their hands are effectively leaving their children in solitary confinement.

- - -

Autism did not cause any of your problems. Underdevelopment did.

- - -

Autistic people do have amazing brains. Don't let yourself get into the self-pity stage. You do have excess of neural connections. To help yourself, there is no need to look at anything else. You simply need to look at your own hands, and ask this very simple question: "What have I created lately, with my own hands?" If the answer is nothing, then you know where your problem lies.

Go out, google around. Write, draw, learn to use image/video/sound editors. Acquire skills. Express yourself, in 2D or 3D. (This weekend I want to build a safety elevator model with my son, to mimic Elisha Otis' original safety elevator. It's for a school presentation, related to a biography project.) Learn some programming languages. Learn some foreign languages. Look for MOOC courses. Learn to do projects with Raspberry Pi and Arduino. You don't need to pick so many things, but you could start with a foreign language.

I do know about group homes. But I am not sure that's the best solution. People's lives get all too easy, and they stop learning. Life is fun and there is plenty to learn. Self-pity is not the way to go.

Out of the millions of autistic people you and your family are the only ones who figured it all out. If our brains are so amazing how come every other autistic in the world never fully figured it out?

Creating things with your hands is great, but it is the not the only way to be productive. Aspies tend to have fine moter coordination issues so they produce in other ways.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2018, 3:40 am

eikonabridge wrote:

So crafting is the solution to autism :lmao:

Quick everyone to get your salvation

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2018, 4:51 am

eikonabridge wrote:
Schizophrenia and autism are not mental illnesses. As much as you want them to be, they cannot be considered as mental illnesses. They are not outlier behaviors. They are part of what's normal. They are intended by Mother Nature.

Good luck trying to debate that line with the American Psychiatric Association.

eikonabridge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2018, 11:50 am

cyberdad wrote:
eikonabridge wrote:

Good luck trying to debate that line with the American Psychiatric Association.

Galileo lost his fight against Inquisition, didn't he? That's the fate of being the first one, or among the first ones, to introduce new lines of thinking. Yeap, 350 years later, the Vatican did issue an official apology to Galileo.

Mate, I am not expecting any spectacular changes before I am dead. I am not here for the short term. If you are aiming only for your living days, then I'd say you are aiming too low.

I make changes happen. One teacher at a time, one school at a time. I don't just talk. I make real changes happen. Once the changes happen, the effects carry over to other children as well. Sure, there are hard heads out there. But changes do happen. As I always say: "Catch up if you can."

eikonabridge
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2018, 12:05 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Out of the millions of autistic people you and your family are the only ones who figured it all out. If our brains are so amazing how come every other autistic in the world never fully figured it out?

Ha ha, yeap. Precisely. I am the first and only one to have figured it out.

I am not that smart. I am only mildly smart. On a scale of 1 to 10, I put myself at 5.5. I've had the privilege of hanging around smart people: those at the scale of 1 in a billion (that would be a score of 9). I am nowhere close. I do know what smartness is.

Now, an important question is, why haven't other people figured it out? Why haven't any of those people that were so much smarter than I was figured all this out?

Do you know why?

I'll tell you why. Because they were ashamed to be autistic. They viewed autism as a disorder, like you. They were not proud to be themselves. One single minor hesitation like that, diverts your attention from the correct path. Butterfly effect, you know about that.

As I have always said: "Catch up if you can."

While you guys continue to be asleep, I have kept plowing forward, like my children.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2018, 2:30 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm sure plenty of NTs are feeling nothing but sympathy for her when they would have been horrified and outraged if it had been a "normal" child. Because it's perfectly okay to do violent things to autistic people but when a person who is violent happens to be on the spectrum they think we're all cold emotionless psychopaths.

Stop the world, I need to get off. :(

I have seen people express sympathy for the mother of normal kids. Susan Smith had lot of sympathy from town folks when she killed her sons and this one mother who had her kids get taken for severe neglect also got sympathy from other parents because the mom was depressed. People with mental illnesses will get sympathy when they harm their children or kill them. There will still be people out there who will be harsh with them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2018, 2:53 pm

EzraS wrote:
eikonabridge wrote:

So crafting is the solution to autism :lmao:

Quick everyone to get your salvation

If every autistic person were able to craft, it wouldn't be a disability, we would be "normal."

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2018, 3:26 pm

"Mother charged with trying to decapitate Autistic son"
... that does not mean all NTs are children murderers, I have read/heard of stories with very nice NTs bringing a lot of care to their autistic child, with great results.