Tinder is full of fake profiles...by Tinder.

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:37 pm

I've noticed this, too. It'd be interesting to know if Tinder does this with the permission of the women in question, some of whom are obviously models by trade.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:41 pm

They are a cloud startup. Such people don't respect anyone save for venture capitalists.

They probably buy images stolen & resold by Facebook.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Jan 2019, 2:44 pm

My favorite is Guro, with those Russian flags and inscriptions 3 miles away from Beirut :D
I would be worried :lol:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 7:37 pm

cberg wrote:
They are a cloud startup. Such people don't respect anyone save for venture capitalists.

They probably buy images stolen & resold by Facebook.

Legally the images belong to Facebook or google or whoever whenever we upload them. It’s in the fine print.
I imagine imagines uploaded to ios cloud or android cloud belong to those companies too. Part of why I never use those services.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 8:49 pm

Fine print is glorified enslavement.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 8:13 am

Online dating is a futile endeavor for men who aren't super attractive, super charismatic, or just super lucky. You need to meet people in the real world. I don't blame Tinder for making scam profiles. How else are they going to convince us men we have any remote chance of success?

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 12:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So don't be fool to think that Dating sites don't create these fake profiles themselves, and don't pay for Tinder!

Did you ever ask yourself why attractive women should do online dating? Attractive women are approached nearly every day on street. They don't need any online dating. Most women totally care about the behaviour of guys. What of your behaviour do they find on online dating sites? That's why there is not even one women for 10 guys on most online dating sites and even less of them are really attractive. The rest of women on dating sites are just fake profiles. What else? :)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 2:10 pm

Ugh, how many times do we have to dispel this myth. Attractive women are not approached every day :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 2:34 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Ugh, how many times do we have to dispel this myth. Attractive women are not approached every day :roll:

They do, maybe not offline, some showed me their fb inbox, they received dozens of messages from male friends and acquaintances everyday; that also counts as being approached too.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jan 2019, 11:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

They do, maybe not offline, some showed me their fb inbox, they received dozens of messages from male friends and acquaintances everyday; that also counts as being approached too.

Wait, so if I exchange jokes or talk bikes with a coworker, does it mean I'm being approached?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 12:00 pm

magz wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Wait, so if I exchange jokes or talk bikes with a coworker, does it mean I'm being approached?

No, you silly, not like that. :p

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 12:05 pm

Only if he initiates messaging everyday then usually it means there’s an ulterior motif more than just friendship; if it’s just once in a while then it’s nothing, just friendship with a coworker.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2019, 12:24 pm

Fake model profiles created that are spam bots, scammers to bait people into signing up for paid memberships to waste their valuable time. Only the website creators get rich from dating sites.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jan 2019, 12:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Only if he initiates messaging everyday then usually it means there’s an ulterior motif more than just friendship; if it’s just once in a while then it’s nothing, just friendship with a coworker.

Then I know a lot of attractive women who rarely get approached.
Oh, but they don't have Tinder accounts and their Facebook is about interests not bathrooom selfies.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 2:03 pm

magz wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Then I know a lot of attractive women who rarely get approached.
Oh, but they don't have Tinder accounts and their Facebook is about interests not bathrooom selfies.

You know, I believe you, men are scared to approach women nowadays.

There’s that cute lebanese girl in gym who has been a member there for so long, she looks shy and reserved.

She looked at me today, but i did nothing, maybe she was looking at my direction and I was simply having wishful thinking.

She is not showing any significant sign of interest and I can find no way to break the ice. So I don’t approach her.

Pride.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2019, 2:34 pm

Have you looked at her fingers? Does she have a ring?