Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Apr 2018, 2:16 pm

Is there a way I can have FireFox or AdBlocker block that site from loading :?: because I'm used to accessing the forums from my watched posts which is fine with this cr@p but when I don't do that, I access it from going to the main site & I sometimes forget that I cant do it anymore & it's a pain in the a$$ to close that page without having to force stop FF which screws up the other tabs I have open.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 4:08 pm

If the malware is nothing but Java script, I guess simply disabling Java, or blocking all Java scripts with NoScript, ought to do the trick. Certainly it's possible to browse and post even when the wrongplanet.net script is blocked. I'm doing that right now.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2018, 1:53 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
If the malware is nothing but Java script, I guess simply disabling Java, or blocking all Java scripts with NoScript, ought to do the trick. Certainly it's possible to browse and post even when the wrongplanet.net script is blocked. I'm doing that right now.

Cloudflare is using scripts to write cookies.
When I tested script blocking, I found that every couple of days or so, Cloudflare would halt
loading of the page until I lifted the script blocking and allowed the cookies to be written.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 6:13 am

Soliloquist wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:

Cloudflare is using scripts to write cookies.
When I tested script blocking, I found that every couple of days or so, Cloudflare would halt
loading of the page until I lifted the script blocking and allowed the cookies to be written.

I've not had the main script disabled for long, so it'll be interesting to see if that happens here over the next few days. I have to type my own BBCode for bold, italics, emoticons etc. because clicking them doesn't work, otherwise all's well, so far.

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2018, 6:22 am

nick007 wrote:
Is there a way I can have FireFox or AdBlocker block that site from loading :?: because I'm used to accessing the forums from my watched posts which is fine with this cr@p but when I don't do that, I access it from going to the main site & I sometimes forget that I cant do it anymore & it's a pain in the a$$ to close that page without having to force stop FF which screws up the other tabs I have open.

You'd be best to use Opera as your Browser. It will block pop-ups by default and tends to be the browser of choice in the IT community.