Did you watch Sesame Street when you were little?

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:28 pm

I remember things like "One of these kids is not like the other..."

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:29 pm

Earnie and Burt? Oh... They were soo much like two of my cousins! I am surprized they didn't know them!

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 10:10 pm

I have just about every Sesame Street video ever released(as my youngest loved the humour!). I remember it, growing up in Aus, and had alot of Sesame Street books. Who doesn't remember Ernie and Bert, Guy Smilie, Snuffie, the Rubber Duckie song, "Doing the pigeon" song by Bert, Mr Hooper, and later, Elmo .... who got into some very hot water ... or at least the guy who played him ... sadly.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 10:11 pm

Elmo hhadn't been born when I used to wztch it.

What happened?

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 7:37 am

Ok. Thanks.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 10:19 am

Only time I watched Sesame Street was when I had to babysit my youngest brother.

I was more of a Captain Kangaroo fan, and occasionally, Shari Lewis and Lambchop. Locally, (southern central PA/Baltimore/Philadelphia) it was Percy Platypus and friends (Marijane Landis/Bob Freed) on WGAL-TV, Lancaster, Sally Starr and Chief Halftown on WPVI-TV Philadelphia, Gene London and Pixanne on WCAU-TV Philadelphia, Captain and Mrs Noah (Captain Noah being a Lutheran Pastor) on almost every station (at one time or another) in Philadelphia, “Wee Willie” Webber on WPHL-TV, Philadelphia, Stu Kerr at WMAR-TV Baltimore (where he was Bozo the Clown, and later, Perfesser Kool of Perfesser Kool and his Fun Skool, Rhea Feiken and JP at WBAL-TV (she later went on to head up Maryland Public Television. She’ll be retiring from there later this month), Royal Parker at both WBAL-TV and WJZ-TV Baltimore, Pete the Pirate at WB-TV, and Captain Chesapeake at WBFF-TV Baltimore, and finally, Lou Castriota, aka Pete McTee, at WPMT-TV, York and WGCB-TV Red Lion.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2019, 1:17 pm

No.

I was born too late for Howdy Doody. And I was born to early for Sesame Street.

So the later show didn't exist until I was like college age.