Page 10 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 10:22 am

Biscuitman wrote:

They are jokes in your opinion, not in fact.

It's nothing to do with whether I like the joke or not, its the fact that only the person who committed the act can say for certain if it is a joke or not, the rest of us are not privy to the inner workings of his brain and so are simply left to decide (guess) whether he is telling the truth or not, and the public seem quite divided over that.

No its literally a fact that it was a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_QlnY8Ggg

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 10:37 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

It's nothing to do with whether I like the joke or not, its the fact that only the person who committed the act can say for certain if it is a joke or not, the rest of us are not privy to the inner workings of his brain and so are simply left to decide (guess) whether he is telling the truth or not, and the public seem quite divided over that.

By that logic anyone who commits a crime but says beforehand they were not meaning too should be left off, because it's 'a fact' they didn't mean to. :lol:

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 10:41 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

By that logic anyone who commits a crime but says beforehand they were not meaning too should be left off, because it's 'a fact' they didn't mean to. :lol:

If you stab someone whether it was a joke is doesn't matter.

Words do not cause harm.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 11:50 am

Biscuitman wrote:

Are you honestly advancing the idea that hurt feelings should be equal to physical injury? I find that idea offensive, so you should go to jail now.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 2:21 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

Are you honestly advancing the idea that hurt feelings should be equal to physical injury?

No

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 5:59 pm

Biscuitman wrote:

Then the above makes no sense.

If I cause injury to a friend or relative through my negligence or by accident, they might not prosecute even if they legally have the right to do so.

If I hurt the feelings of complete strangers who come across something I have recorded and put up for public viewing, that should be no grounds for legal action unless there is a case to be made for slander of an individual (which is another interesting part of British law: saying true things can get you arrested, if saying them caused someone to look bad.)