Page 1 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 1:14 am

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Democracy is two teetotallers and a drunkard voting on whether people are allowed to drink. Liberty is a well-armed drunkard contesting the vote.

Democracy is two militant vegans and an avid meat-eater voting on whether people are allowed to eat meat. Liberty is a well-armed avid meat-eater contesting the vote.

Democracy is two activists against animal cruelty and a cruel farmer voting on whether people are allowed to indulge in acts of cruelty to animals. Liberty is a well-armed cruel farmer contesting the vote.

Democracy is two activists against cruelty to children and a cruel parent voting on whether people are allowed to indulge in acts of cruelty to children. Liberty is a well-armed cruel parent contesting the vote.

Democracy is two environmentalists and a coal roller voting on whether people are allowed to pollute. Liberty is a well-armed coal roller contesting the vote.

Democracy is two environmentalists and a poacher voting on whether animals can be hunted to extinction. Liberty is a well-armed poacher contesting the vote.

Democracy is two slaves and a master voting on whether to outlaw slavery. Liberty is a well-armed master contesting the vote.

Democracy is two nerds and a bully voting on whether bullying is allowed. Liberty is a well-armed bully contesting the vote.

Democracy is two gun grabbers and a gun owner voting on whether people are allowed to keep and bear arms. Liberty is a well-armed gun owner contesting the vote.

Democracy is two rapists and their target voting on whether to allow rape. Liberty is a well-armed target contesting the vote.

Democracy is two anti-abortion activists and a woman impregnated by a rapist voting on whether to allow abortion. Liberty is a well-armed woman impregnated by a rapist contesting the vote.

Democracy is two honor-killers and a raped woman voting on whether raped women are to be killed for their families’ honor. Liberty is a well-armed raped woman contesting the vote.

Democracy is two anti-racists and a racist voting on the right to be racist. Liberty is a well-armed racist contesting the vote.

Democracy is two anti-sexists and a sexist voting on the right to be sexist. Liberty is a well-armed sexist contesting the vote.

Democracy is two anti-ableists and an ableist voting on the right to be ableist. Liberty is a well-armed ableist contesting the vote.

Democracy is two anti-ageists and an ageist voting on the right to be ageist. Liberty is a well-armed ageist contesting the vote.

Democracy is two anti-Nazis and a Nazi voting on whether to outlaw Nazism. Liberty is a well-armed Nazi contesting the vote.

Democracy is two anti-assholes and an as*hole voting on the right to be an as*hole. Liberty is a well-armed as*hole contesting the vote.

Democracy is two homosexual people and a fundamentalist Christian or Muslim voting on religious freedom. Liberty is a well-armed fundamentalist Christian or Muslim contesting the vote.

Democracy is two scientists and a creationist voting on whether to shove the theory of evolution down kids’ throats’ without their parents’ consent. Liberty is a well-armed creationist contesting the vote.

Democracy is two publicly-subsidized scientists and a right-wing religious fundamentalist voting on whether people should be forced to support science via taxes. Liberty is a well-armed right-wing religious fundamentalist contesting the vote.

Democracy is two secularists and a religious fundamentalist voting on the freedom to indoctrinate one’s children. Liberty is a well-armed religious fundamentalist contesting the vote.

Democracy is two readers fed up with this list and me voting on whether I can keep embiggening it. Liberty is a well-armed me contesting the vote.

EDIT – Spaced out as per Kiprobalhato’s suggestion.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Last edited by Spiderpig on 02 Apr 2018, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 1:42 am

liberty is me having the freedom to tell you to space out your examples so your post doesn't make my eyes bleed as much.

but it is still cromulent anyhow.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 2:37 am

Very nice, and very nicely spaced out. :D

Look at Rawls “veil of ignorance” the debate would go very differently if the wolf was unsure whether it would be a wolf or a lamb.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 2:45 am

You didn't need to re-state the same thing 20 times. I'm only going to respond to you once.

Spiderpig wrote:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Bollocks. Our system contains millions of lambs and only about 10 or so wolves. Our system isn't working properly because it isn't really democratic.

Check out this article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/science/ancient-bones-that-tell-a-story-of-compassion.html
^^^
This lamb certainly didn't get eaten by wolves.

Quote:
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Again, you don't seem to realize that the 1% is creating your problems.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 3:00 am

This idea that "the 1%" cause all the problems is silly. Its not the fault of high earners that people choose to have children they cannot afford, its not their fault that these people fail to raise their children correctly either.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 3:26 am

thank you.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 12:10 am

Our constitution in fact ensures that the dictatorship of the majority doesn't quash dissenting minority voices. True, it hasn't always worked, but putting it into practice is a continuing process.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 12:27 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Our constitution in fact ensures that the dictatorship of the majority doesn't quash dissenting minority voices. True, it hasn't always worked, but putting it into practice is a continuing process.

"Dictatorship of the majority" is an overrated concept. People are not automatically programmed to hate and fear anyone who is different.

Case in Point: Jews are a minority in the United States and yet many American Jews have become highly successful and socially accepted. In America, anti-Semitism only exists in a few tinfoil hat men.

Addionally, anti-black racism is far more common than anti-Asian racism in the West even though black people and Asians are both minorities in the West.

When the majority gang up on vulnerable minorities, this is not human nature. It is typically a product of right-wing propaganda being generated by the politically powerful.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 12:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Yeah that is true here in the UK we don't have a constitution so our politicians can do want they want basically. They have taken away our rights to free speech, changed the demographics of our nation without consulting the public and taken away our privacy. We are ran by a political monopoly of two parties who mostly come from connected wealthy backgrounds.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 12:49 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

"Dictatorship of the majority" is an overrated concept. People are not automatically programmed to hate and fear anyone who is different.

Case in Point: Jews are a minority in the United States and yet many American Jews have become highly successful and socially accepted. In America, anti-Semitism only exists in a few tinfoil hat men.

Addionally, anti-black racism is far more common than anti-Asian racism in the West even though black people and Asians are both minorities in the West.

When the majority gang up on vulnerable minorities, this is not human nature. It is typically a product of right-wing propaganda being generated by the politically powerful.

Human nature is really quite awful people tend to gang up on people who are different whether they be Gays, the disabled, the mentally ill. This has happened through out human history.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 1:03 am

Daniel89 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Human nature is really quite awful people tend to gang up on people who are different whether they be Gays, the disabled, the mentally ill. This has happened through out human history.

Wow. You just contradicted me without providing any counter-evidence.

Historically, gays have been hated because of religion, which is reinforced by theocrats.

Nowadays, most people who hate disabled people are neo-Malthusian an-caps who think that anyone who accepts government assistance is a parasite. This isn't human nature because people are social democrats by nature.

I find it odd how you are spending so much time with other people, despite your hatred of human nature. I also find it odd how you persistently defend the economic 1% despite your dislike of human nature.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 1:28 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I think you have a higher opinion of human nature than I do. Even the founders were not free from the prejudices they sought to guard the minority from. Yes, Jews and Asians are treated exceptionally well in America... today. That was hardly the truth in the past, when Chinese labor had been brought into 19th century America to build the railroads, but were not only demonized as the "yellow peril," but were even denied the right to citizenship or to stay in the country they helped build. Yes, there were political manipulators who had demonized "the other," but very often that was only after they realized there was a preexisting prejudice they could dig their claws into. The LGBT community is only beginning to emerge from not only second class citizenship, but also from being dehumanized - a prejudiced long endorsed by western culture. Yes, things as better for African Americans, but there is still far too much hate and lack of opportunity that had existed for centuries.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 1:32 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Historically, gays have been hated because of religion, which is reinforced by theocrats.

Nowadays, most people who hate disabled people are neo-Malthusian an-caps who think that anyone who accepts government assistance is a parasite. This isn't human nature because people are social democrats by nature.

I find it odd how you are spending so much time with other people, despite your hatred of human nature. I also find it odd how you persistently defend the economic 1% despite your dislike of human nature.

Bullying is the evidence, children bully each other not because propaganda but because as primates it is in the nature to form a hierarchy.

I spend very little time with other people. I do not defend the economic "1%" I defend freedom and capitalism. How is blaming the "1%" any different than blaming the Jews?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 1:56 am

Daniel89 wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Bullying is the evidence, children bully each other not because propaganda but because as primates it is in the nature to form a hierarchy.

I spend very little time with other people. I do not defend the economic "1%" I defend freedom and capitalism. How is blaming the "1%" any different than blaming the Jews?

I suppose because attacks on Jews is based on Anti Semitic hysteria, whereas the 1% are indeed the authors of our pain.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 2:02 am

Daniel89 wrote:

No. That sort of bullying is a hormonal thing that kids grow out of.

I was bullied in school. I suffered from PTSD for years afterwards. Did I give up on humanity? No. I didn't give up on humanity because I don't want to spend the rest of my life in the basement like a useless loser. I overcame my fears. I finished university. Now I will get a job soon.

Quote:
I spend very little time with other people.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Given your post history, I'm not surprised.
Perhaps you should go outside some time.

By the way, how can you be a loner and a good capitalist at the same time? Capitalism is a highly social activity. That's why most business leaders are either neurotypicals or manipulative psychopaths.

Quote:
I do not defend the economic "1%" I defend freedom and capitalism. How is blaming the "1%" any different than blaming the Jews?

Many Jews are in the working class. That's why.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 2:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I suppose because attacks on Jews is based on Anti Semitic hysteria, whereas the 1% are indeed the authors of our pain.

How so? And which one percent? The global one percent of earners who earn over $35k? Or the US one where they earn $500K? How is Bill Gates the author of your pain?