Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Page 5 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 12:34 pm

Let's dissect an eye to see if beauty is therein ;)

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2018, 12:36 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
why do people keep saying that?

fact is that some people are ugly in all eyes. some people are so ugly that nobody will ever want them.

Because it’s true. There is so much more to attraction than looks.

Sure, as a society average, some people are more “beautiful” than others, but it’s really not the be all end all.

I’m nit into generic hot men. They just don’t do it for me. A lot of other average women feel the same.

but fact remains that some people are so ugly that they will be single their whole life because nobody wanted them.

check my flaws:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=357107

why would ANYONE want a guy with that many flaws? :roll:

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2018, 12:49 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
People have their own definition of ugly. I don't really see anyone as physically ugly. I view the way people treat other people as ugly. What about average people you see on a day to day basis? Are they ugly all because they don't look like a supermodel? Some people have medical issues that influence their appearance yet the deserve to be treated nicely just as much as a supermodel.

I'm not ugly but I do have my flaws (frizzy hair, overweight, I have a skin condition on my arm called keratosis pilaris and I can tell that men do not look at me as a supermodel because of those things) and if those flaws make me ugly then what were all of my ex-boyfriends thinking when they dated me? I'm not sure what they were thinking because I'm not a mind reader.

this is ugly:

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 1:37 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

fact is that some people are ugly in all eyes. some people are so ugly that nobody will ever want them.

Sure, as a society average, some people are more “beautiful” than others, but it’s really not the be all end all.

I’m nit into generic hot men. They just don’t do it for me. A lot of other average women feel the same.

but fact remains that some people are so ugly that they will be single their whole life because nobody wanted them.

check my flaws:

Well, I accept if that lot's all true then you're ugly (no offence meant), it is a long list of flaws. It must be really hard to motivate yourself on those that you might be able to improve somewhat with so many things stacked against you. I don't think it means you will definitely always be alone and that no one else will ever love you, I just agree that it must be very difficult to keep putting yourself out there.

I don't see any correlation between how much real love people recieve and how physically attractive they are, I just observe that the process of finding love looks to be a lot easier the more standard you are as a person, in looks and personality. I guess the odds are with them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 2:53 pm

I see that most people agree what's beautiful and what's not, and that's not even on humans looks, but also in product designs and architecture....etc. This is indisputable.

I don't know how this can even be deniable, but oh well....WP produces saints even way more than the Vatican.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 3:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I see that most people agree what's beautiful and what's not, and that's not even on humans looks, but also in product designs and architecture....etc. This is indisputable.

I don't know how this can even be deniable, but oh well....WP produces saints even way more than the Vatican.

Does the Vatican produce Saints? Isn't canonisation more of an acknowledgement that someone is worthy of Sainthood. Otherwise the Vatican is producing someone after they are dead.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 3:41 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:

check my flaws:

Well, I accept if that lot's all true then you're ugly (no offence meant), it is a long list of flaws. It must be really hard to motivate yourself on those that you might be able to improve somewhat with so many things stacked against you. I don't think it means you will definitely always be alone and that no one else will ever love you, I just agree that it must be very difficult to keep putting yourself out there.

I don't see any correlation between how much real love people recieve and how physically attractive they are, I just observe that the process of finding love looks to be a lot easier the more standard you are as a person, in looks and personality. I guess the odds are with them.

Then again its really hard to know if all that is even accurate without any picture. Its quite possible for people with self esteem issues to think things are worse than they are. Perhaps some of these features aren't as noticeable or ugly as you think.

Though if you really are so terrible looking things like good hygiene and decent clothes can make some difference. So try and keep up on those things. Chances are though it may not be as bad as you are making it out to be, you may not be the most attractive but I doubt you're monstrously hideous...like you seem to think you are.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 3:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No you just ignore opinions of people who's views alternate from pop culture ideals, such as men having to be tall and skinny to be 'sexy'. Its ridiculous, not everyone follows a long with that garbage and a lot who do end up growing out of it.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 5:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't think I've seen anyone dispute that there are trends and skewed distributions when it comes to opinion of beauty. You said it yourself - *most* people *agree*. That means people have their own opinions, and most tend to be the same or similar, and some are different. Is anyone denying that?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 12:55 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't think I've seen anyone dispute that there are trends and skewed distributions when it comes to opinion of beauty. You said it yourself - *most* people *agree*. That means people have their own opinions, and most tend to be the same or similar, and some are different. Is anyone denying that?

Then you’ve been ignoring certain posters here. Some like to believe every single wo,an Is 100% different from another woman and can’t agree or like the same things, or have similar ideas in what makes men datable.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 1:06 am

sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Then you’ve been ignoring certain posters here. Some like to believe every single wo,an Is 100% different from another woman and can’t agree or like the same things, or have similar ideas in what makes men datable.

How is this even an argument? :?

Whether male or female, in general, MOST would agree that abc, 123, and xyz are considered attractive qualities, traits, and appearances etc of the opposite sex. A few will have some outlier ideals of what makes a person attractive to them. But MOST will fall within standard conventions of what they like in terms of aesthetic beauty, health, fitness, finances, occupation, status etc etc. There are obvious norms that apply clear across the globe.

And then there's people who like something totally different from the norms, but they are a small minority.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 1:20 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

St. yellowtamarin, do you realize that even your avatar is sainty? It loos like church glass painting.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 1:22 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No you just ignore opinions of people who's views alternate from pop culture ideals, such as men having to be tall and skinny to be 'sexy'. Its ridiculous, not everyone follows a long with that garbage and a lot who do end up growing out of it.

St. Sweetleaf, a lot do end up growing out of it because they can't attain the ones who are on the top end of the beauty spectrum. For example my girlfriend is a fan of Vin Diesel (who's one of the most commonly desired male celebs btw, all the girls I dated listed him as the hottest guy, I dunno why), he was her super sexual fantasy - but she's not Nicole Kidman to attain Diesel, so she ended up with me.

But if he appears suddenly in her bedroom then I don't think she would skip the chance.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 11 Apr 2018, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 1:28 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Does the Vatican produce Saints? Isn't canonisation more of an acknowledgement that someone is worthy of Sainthood. Otherwise the Vatican is producing someone after they are dead.

St. fluffysaurus, I certainly don't want to see you dead.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 1:32 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

St. Sweetleaf, a lot do end up growing out of it because they can't attain the ones who are on the top end of the beauty spectrum. For example my girlfriend is a fan of Van Diesel (who's one of the most commonly desired male celebs btw, all the girls I dated listed him as the hottest guy, I dunno why), he was her super sexual fantasy - but she's not Nicole Kidman to attain Diesel, so she ended up with me.

But if he appears suddenly in her bedroom then I don't think she would skip the chance.

Is that guy some kind of foreign knockoff of Vin Diesel? ;)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 1:34 am

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

St. Sweetleaf, a lot do end up growing out of it because they can't attain the ones who are on the top end of the beauty spectrum. For example my girlfriend is a fan of Van Diesel (who's one of the most commonly desired male celebs btw, all the girls I dated listed him as the hottest guy, I dunno why), he was her super sexual fantasy - but she's not Nicole Kidman to attain Diesel, so she ended up with me.

Is that guy some kind of foreign knockoff of Vin Diesel? ;)

^ Typo Nazi.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 11 Apr 2018, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.