Should all public businesses provide public restrooms

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 12:22 pm

Do you think that all businesses regardless of size should provide public restrooms? Well, people need to relieve themselves.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2018, 10:23 pm

I think they should. It would save a lot of embarrassment for me.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 12:27 am

NewTime wrote:
Do you think that all businesses regardless of size should provide public restrooms? Well, people need to relieve themselves.

Not if it places an unreasonable burden on the owner or compromises security.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 12:58 am

I think it could be paid for with a pootax surcharge on rolls of toilet paper and toilet bowl cleaner.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 4:34 am

It'd be convinient for the customers, but trouble for the owners since it'd increase the amount of time and money used to cleaning, some places just aren't big enough for extra toilets etc. I think it'd be unreasonable to ask all places to have them.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 5:52 am

NewTime wrote:

Why limit it to businesses? If I'm driving by your house and need to take a leak, why can't I walk in your door and go directly to your bathroom?

If not, why do you want to take away the freedom from business owners to make their own decisions about running their own businesses?

By the way, I got a hamburger and fries yesterday from a food truck. If they had to provide public restrooms, what would they do? Tell you to pee on the tires?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Apr 2018, 6:25 am

kokopelli wrote:
NewTime wrote:

Why limit it to businesses? If I'm driving by your house and need to take a leak, why can't I walk in your door and go directly to your bathroom?

If not, why do you want to take away the freedom from business owners to make their own decisions about running their own businesses?

By the way, I got a hamburger and fries yesterday from a food truck. If they had to provide public restrooms, what would they do? Tell you to pee on the tires?
I kind of agree but I do think that gas stations should all have public bathrooms because people stop at those places while traveling & there may not be another area with a public bathroom for quite a ways.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2018, 9:35 pm

3 words- little yellow bottles.

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2018, 2:35 am

nick007 wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
NewTime wrote:

I kind of agree but I do think that gas stations should all have public bathrooms because people stop at those places while traveling & there may not be another area with a public bathroom for quite a ways.

Gas stations usually do have public bathrooms, at least in my area. They tend to be the dirtiest of bathrooms.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 1:42 pm

It would be nice, but I don't think it is possible, unfortunately.

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2018, 4:21 pm

It does benefit businesses to provide a bathroom for customers to use. If there's a customer inside a business that needs to use the bathroom and the business doesn't provide one, they might leave to find somewhere to go and use the bathroom and then decide not to come back. So, public bathrooms inside businesses is good for them keeping their customers.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 4:35 pm

No, they shouldn't, and I'm glad most don't
If people can't move about without needing to go, they might need to wear diapers.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 4:42 pm

My business is not open to the public, so I don't have to provide one.