Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 7:15 pm

Do you like trees?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Apr 2018, 5:16 am

I love them.
I love touching tree bark. It's so rough and warm.
And now it is spring time, the leaves are just starting to show up.
Soon these few days will come when birch crowns will be all this delicate but rich green mist...

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 6:34 am

I love trees too. That is why the forest is my prefered natural area to be in. Trees also make livingspace for interesting wildlife.
They tickle my imagination, especially the old trees with their sometimes fascinating shapes, from the roots to the tretops. They make such nice motives for pictures.
And to think of how useful trees have been to humans... And their importance to our environment. I find it an interesting topic. It is important for us to have knowledge about trees for many reasons and understand how to care for the forests. I wish I knew a lot more and this reminds me of a book I`ve been planning to order.

I admire those who are very knowledgeable about trees and also those who knows how to use trees/wood as a material. The traditional handcrafts of making tools and objects and to build with wood fascinates me deeply...But that is probably entering a different topic.

But trees just have been, and are, too(and not just to humans) important not to care about in my opinion :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Apr 2018, 7:37 am

I believe it's essential to have them & I support protecting forests but I don't love trees

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 8:36 am

Have heard tell of individual folks who actively dislike trees. One funny guy featured on TV news told about how he hated trees and how it influenced him to become a lumberjack (he was fat nerdy looking guy who didn't even look like a lumberjack).

But I love trees, and forests.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 4:45 am

Trees are important, for things as different as oxygen and less erosion. I very much support protecting trees and nature as a whole.
Trees can also provide more privacy, which I like.

The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate by Peter Wohlleben were a real eye opener. I highly recommend reading that book.
I never knew they were so complex!

Trees also cause me allergies each spring, which I don't like at all.

There aren't many trees I think of as really pretty or anything, I only know a handful of species. Other than protection of them I can't say I am all that interested really. I def prefer them to people and houses around me though.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 5:40 am

yes trees are important especially in the forests they're homes for animals and they use the carbon dioxide which helps us have oxygen.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Apr 2018, 5:51 am

I love the Atlantic Oak Woods that are a feature of some parts of the west coast of the UK. They are temperate rain forests due to their proximity to the ocean and consequently high rainfall and humidity. The trees are often twisted and gnarly due to the strong westerly winds and are covered with lichens, mosses and liverworts. I find them to be very relaxing places.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 7:48 am

Yep and I'm really glad I live in place with lots of woods and forest.
The trees here grow in some wild looking ways. Little trees growing out of fallen logs and tree stumps. Lots of big trees covered in shaggy moss and have ferns growing out of them. Lots of flowering trees right now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 11:12 am

I love trees and forests. They provide the Earth with oxygen and they're also green. I love nature and trees are a big part of nature.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 12:15 pm

Quote:
Trees swayin' in the summer breeze
Showin' off their silver leaves
As we walked by

Soft kisses on a summer's day
Laughing all our cares away
Just you and I

Sweet sleepy warmth of summer nights
Gazing at the distant lights
In the starry sky

They say that all good things must end some day
Autumn leaves must fall
But don't you know that it hurts me so
To say goodbye to you
Wish you didn't have to go
No no no no

And when the rain
Beats against my window pane
I'll think of summer days again
And dream of you

They say that all good things must end some day
Autumn leaves must fall
But don't you know that it hurts me so
To say goodbye to you
Wish you didn't have to go
No no no no

And when the rain
Beats against my window pane
I'll think of summer days again
And dream of you
And dream of you

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 7:23 pm

Ms.Berg wrote:
I love trees too. That is why the forest is my prefered natural area to be in. Trees also make livingspace for interesting wildlife.
They tickle my imagination, especially the old trees with their sometimes fascinating shapes, from the roots to the tretops. They make such nice motives for pictures. :)

I love trees too and live in the forest. Best move I ever made.

For an outstanding and super interesting book on wild sequoias: The Wild Trees: A Story of Passion and Daring by Richard Preston. You will be astounded at the world living in the tops of trees.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 11:29 pm

Yes trees are awesome and necessary, I especially like really big trees with large roots.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 11:41 pm

Yes I do. :) Of course, I grew up where there are lots of trees and my parents took me camping a lot as a kid.

I find the prairie provinces kind of creepy because there are hardly any trees or bushes. It makes me feel agoraphobic. :(

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 7:48 am

I love trees. <3

My husband and I just recently bought around 23 acres of old-growth forest in the Southern Appalachians and placed it under permanent conservation. It is filled with oaks, hickories, pines, cedars, and so many other trees! We have plans to build a small (not quite "tiny") home and do some forest gardening! <3 We are also surrounded by hundreds of acres of old-growth forest, and it is the place that I am the happiest.

I am horrified by clear-cutting in the name of human "progress" and industrialization. I'm also not a fan of introduction of invasive ornamental trees (like the Bradford Pear (Pyrus calleryana) or the Princess Tree (Paulownia tomentosa) here in the US).

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Apr 2018, 11:58 am

I love trees too. Being in the forest always makes me calm and happy. I studied plants in university for a few years a long time ago. I think I was one of the only kids in my year that enjoyed the taxonomy class.