Republican Suggests Death Penalty For Abortion

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 9:17 pm

Food for Thought: What if Donald Trump bombs a country and a pregnant woman dies in the explosion? In that scenario, an innocent fetus dies. Could Donald Trump be put to death for that?

... or is killing a fetus only wrong if the mother survives?

How many pregnant women died when God flooded the earth?

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 7:45 am

What is it with Idaho? That place makes Texas look like a giant hippie commune.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 7:57 am

I disagree with it but we have to remember to them a fetus is a person. If you consider a fetus a person then of course it would be murder to get an abortion.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 6:45 pm

Arizona - bans MLK day
Utah - turns a blind eye to polygamy
Mississsipi and Lousiana - Vote in governors linked to the KKK
Now we have Idaho - famous for potatoes and executing teenage girls who have abortions

I'm sure there's a wider list of US states that tourists should avoid

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 9:48 pm

I really like the comments beneath the video at YouTube. Absolutely no one agrees with him, and most of them think he's a complete nutcase (which he is).

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 10:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Arizona - bans MLK day
Utah - turns a blind eye to polygamy
Mississsipi and Lousiana - Vote in governors linked to the KKK
Now we have Idaho - famous for potatoes and executing teenage girls who have abortions

I'm sure there's a wider list of US states that tourists should avoid

My understanding regarding the abortion laws is it’s the doctor who performs the procedure who gets punished, not the person getting the abortion.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 2:28 am

I'm not speaking against abortion here. But aborting a child does mean killing it.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 12:26 pm

EzraS wrote:
I'm not speaking against abortion here. But aborting a child does mean killing it.

... yes but this is the party that hypocritically killed innocent civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 5:39 pm

Quote:
But aborting a child does mean killing it.

People disagree over whether an embryo is a child, and whether or at what point a fetus is a child.
That's why it's best to let the adult human who has the embryo or fetus inside her body decide what to do with it. It doesn't require that anyone agree or disagree with her decision, just that we acknowledge it's her decision to make.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 6:54 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

People disagree over whether an embryo is a child, and whether or at what point a fetus is a child.
That's why it's best to let the adult human who has the embryo or fetus inside her body decide what to do with it. It doesn't require that anyone agree or disagree with her decision, just that we acknowledge it's her decision to make.

No matter what definition is used, aborting it still means killing it.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 8:11 pm

Quote:

In your sentence, "it" referred to "child". I was pointing out that whether an embryo or fetus is a child is a matter of opinion. Language matters.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 12:36 am

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

=====
People disagree over wether the Negro is a human being, or stock, and in the question of halfbreeds, at what point, does the halfbreed attain humanity?

That's why it's best to let the stock owner, who owns the negro, and whom the law makes responsible for the welfare of the negro, decide the matter, it doesn't require anyone to agree or disagree with their decision, simply acknowledging, that the fate of the negro, is one best left to the negroes owners.
=====

I'm paraphrasing it that way to demonstrate that your 'argument' is simply assuming it's preferred conclusion and can be applied to anything, even to people that are universally acknowledged as fully human today.

That is to say, your argument is no argument at all.
It's more akin to a plea for people to do nothing and look the other way.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 1:05 am

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

In your sentence, "it" referred to "child". I was pointing out that whether an embryo or fetus is a child is a matter of opinion. Language matters.

What I'm saying is, aborting an embryo kills it. Aborting a fetus kills it.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 1:09 am

SpiceWolf wrote:
YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

=====
People disagree over wether the Negro is a human being, or stock, and in the question of halfbreeds, at what point, does the halfbreed attain humanity?

That's why it's best to let the stock owner, who owns the negro, and whom the law makes responsible for the welfare of the negro, decide the matter, it doesn't require anyone to agree or disagree with their decision, simply acknowledging, that the fate of the negro, is one best left to the negroes owners.
=====

I'm paraphrasing it that way to demonstrate that your 'argument' is simply assuming it's preferred conclusion and can be applied to anything, even to people that are universally acknowledged as fully human today.

That is to say, your argument is no argument at all.
It's more akin to a plea for people to do nothing and look the other way.

... except that black people have human emotions and the ability to reason. They can learn to speak any language created by the white man. They can work. They can go through school. ect.

Putting a black man on the same level as a fetus as absurd ... and kinda racist of you ask me.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 1:42 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Putting a black man on the same level as a fetus as absurd ... and kinda racist of you ask me.

Are you auditioning as a replacement for Cathy Newman?
You are misstating my position.
I place the foetus on the same moral level, as any other human being, child, adults, male or female, black or white.
Their is nothing even remotely racist about it.

However American history is somewhat more prejudiced than myself, and it was to your history I was referring to, are you an American and yet you don't even know your own history?

At one time, in America, Negroes, while completely human, were treated as having no "person-hood" and treated as farmyard animals(or in some cases worse).
And the same kinds of rhetorical nonsense arguments, employed against the foetus today were also employed to deny African Americans their humanity in that time period.

Which is the main point I was making, that the argument assumes it's conclusion and is more of a plea to "look the other way" than a reasoned argument.

It can thus be applied to any kind of dehumanisation in history, including the present dehumanisation of the foetus.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 1:52 am

SpiceWolf wrote:
Which is the main point I was making, that the argument assumes it's conclusion and is more of a plea to "look the other way" than a reasoned argument.

It can thus be applied to any kind of dehumanisation in history, including the present dehumanisation of the foetus.

Are you comparing scientific racism to dehumanisation of the fetus?
The proof of the pudding is that none of us have memory prior to age 3 because self-awareness doesn't exist before then. Without self-awareness we are not alive. However some people do remember bits of memory even at child birth although it's impossible to determine if it's not a false memory.

I think the issue is pain receptors, a fetus younger than 20 weeks (the current deadline) has a lack of pain receptors so terminating the fetus is not likely to cause pain.

Ultimately I agree with Kraftie that it's better to not go through an abortion but that's for the mother to decide ultimately