If you had to design your dream house what would it be?

Page 13 of 14 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 10:50 pm

Yes, that's a nice shade. I like greys, beiges, greiges, and earthy gold tones mixed with jewel tones.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2021, 10:52 pm

^^^jewel tones are a great accent :) or the beige/greige would be a good accent for the jewel tones. :jester: i would love a personal observatory in whatever house i was lucky enough to be able to bespoke into existence.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 3:54 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
every time i've heard music in a church it was just sublime, the sound floats in mid-air.

That's a rather poetic observation. I could never come up with something like that.

thank you, but it is just a plain aural observation, you just have to go there and listen, you will hear it also, esp. with pipe organ, that is the original surround sound right there, esp. with antiphonal pipes at rear.

Thanks. But it's still something that I would never have thought of.

We do have a pipe organ at my church and I do recognize that the sound fills the church in a way that the old electric organ we had until the mid 1960s could never match.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 6:34 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
every time i've heard music in a church it was just sublime, the sound floats in mid-air.

That's a rather poetic observation. I could never come up with something like that.

thank you, but it is just a plain aural observation, you just have to go there and listen, you will hear it also, esp. with pipe organ, that is the original surround sound right there, esp. with antiphonal pipes at rear.

We do have a pipe organ at my church and I do recognize that the sound fills the church in a way that the old electric organ we had until the mid 1960s could never match.

isn't that grand? :dj: wouldn't you love to have a sound system in your very own house that could duplicate that enveloping sound?

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 8:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

isn't that grand? :dj: wouldn't you love to have a sound system in your very own house that could duplicate that enveloping sound?

We even put a wifi router inside his pipe organ.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 8:53 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

can you tell me the utility of that?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 9:11 pm

A cabin in/near the woods with my nearest neighbours living AT LEAST three miles away from me, though preferably and probably farther away. With some goats and chickens, because goats and chickens are cool.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 9:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

can you tell me the utility of that?

It is not a very big house and there was not a lot of places to put it in the main part of the house. I wanted to put it in the kitchen, but he wanted it in the pipe organ.

The pipe organ is not enclosed in a structure (other than the house). Think of it like having a small bedroom behind the living room, separated by a wall of slats that can open up, and putting the pipes and wires and everything in the room without anything else around it. You just walk through the door into that room and everything is in the open. There is something of a closet next to the pipe organ that contains some of the equipment and that is where he wanted the router. The only way to get to there is to carefully walk between the pipes of the pipe organ.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 9:15 pm

^^^you have a fancy one with swell shutters, i see from your description.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 10:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I was disappointed that I didn't get to hear him play the organ. On the day I was there, he was in a city about 100 miles away and discussing where to put the wifi by telephone.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 10:34 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I was disappointed that I didn't get to hear him play the organ. On the day I was there, he was in a city about 100 miles away and discussing where to put the wifi by telephone.

mebbe one day you will get to hear him play. meanwhile on youtube there are similar organ installations.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 10:38 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
A cabin in/near the woods with my nearest neighbours living AT LEAST three miles away from me, though preferably and probably farther away. With some goats and chickens, because goats and chickens are cool.

That could work pretty good. In some cases, you definitely don't want to be too near a rural highway.

A few years ago, there was some kind of ice storm that shut down several stretches of roads in the area. One family who lived next to a major highway ended up with several carloads of stranded travelers spending the night. They were happy to help the travelers, but were not happy with the results.

The travelers basically just sat around and demanded this and that. They seemed to think that they were at some hotel and that the home owners were there to wait on them. So the travelers just made a mess and the next day when the roads were open again, every one of them left without offering to pay for their food and nobody offered to help clean up after themselves.

Because of their problems, if I was faced with that issue, the travelers could just sleep in the barn.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2021, 10:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

mebbe one day you will get to hear him play. meanwhile on youtube there are similar organ installations.

Thanks. I never thought of looking on youtube for this.

cyclist_Netherlands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2021, 5:11 pm

For a while I thought my dream house would be a tiny house, but I don't think like that anymore.

I like having plenty of indoor space around me and no neighbours who make a lot of noise.
Unfortunately it is a matter of pure luck wether you have quiet neighbours or not.

My current appartment fits most of my needs.
I have two bedrooms. I use the smallest one, which is 2 by 4 meters, as a sleeping room.
I use the largest bedroom, which is 2.60 by 4 meters, as my study and hobby room.
I spent most of my indoor time in those bedrooms.

I also have a large living room.

The only thing that I am not satisfied about are my balconies.
I wish a had deeper balcony on the front. It is about 1 meter deep. I would prefer at least 2 meters.

But all in all it's a fine appartment with a great view. I have been looking out for better looking appartments in my city, but there is always something I don't like, usually the view. When I look out of the windows of my living room and kitchen I am looking at a lovely park with a lake.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm

^^^sounds like you hit the jackpot.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

He also plays at church and I've heard him there.

Most recent was for a memorial service for a Beatles fan. So much of the music he played on the pipe organ at the memorial service was from the Beatles.