If you had to design your dream house what would it be?

Page 1 of 14 [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 8:27 am

I've always wanted to live in an apartment. I wouldn't have to worry about mowing the grass or pulling weeds to keep my yard pretty and I could just decorate my home the way I wanted.

I think a studio apartment would be nice I heard they are usually cheaper and I really only need one room with a kitchen and bathroom.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 1:47 pm

It would be several storeys high, with lots of balconies and hidden rooms or passages. There would be lots of space to walk around. The backyard would be big and have a fancy treehouse. And there would be a library.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2018, 5:52 pm

I used to think I wanted to live alone on an island.

But now I think I would go crazy being completely alone. I need companionship. :(

Miranda13
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2018, 6:35 pm

Greek Revival

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 3:03 pm

Mermaid cottage.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 3:43 am

As I said earlier, an adobe style house.

I am colorblind and cannot see some colors, it can't be at all subtle -- it has to be fairly bright and provide more contrast. People who aren't colorblind may find my choice of colors to be a bit garish.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 4:41 am

I would be happy as a clam if I just had my existing tin can [ok, mebbe a double-wide] situated high atop a cliff overlooking pacific beach, Wa. I saw one identical to my tin can there, alas it was on indian land. the view was tremendous. it would have solar collectors, passive rainwater collection via rooftop and fog mesh collection, a tromba wall for passive heat, a rooftop [enclosed] observatory for both horizontal and vertical viewing [scenic and celestial] with a powerful binocular refractor telescope up there. there'd also be wind turbans as there is a LOT of wind there!
now if I were to go really way out there, i'd build a mansion up there, sub-divide it into spacious apartments/condos, each with staggered concrete/gap isolation between them so no sound or vibration transmission would occur between units. 10' ceilings. i would do this so as many of the rest of my WP brethren could live there if they chose, free. as for myself and my own space, I would have a media room with orthopedically correct furniture, hidden high-fidelity speakers all around, ceiling and walls, surround sound, a restored Conn 653 theatre organ would be the centerpiece. a wall-sized tv set on one end. the color scheme would switch with different lighting against a snow-white backdrop, furniture would be upholstered with color-reflecting fabric. the carpeting would be 1" thick pile. there would be another room which would serve as the bathroom but it would have quasi-classic greek architecture with marble surfaces, a multipoint shower in a large space, recirculating fountains, orthopedically correct furniture. the bedroom would feature 2" thick pile that I could lie upon if I wished. the bed would be California-King, under a golden pyramid, alternating/mixed white/pink/brown noise generators in multiple channels would make the room awash in a fake ocean sound. prismatic colored lights would project all around, 'round and 'round. everything would be jet-black. the garage would hold 7 cars, one for every day of the week. in my auto collection would be a 1972 Citroen DS, a 1988 Cadillac sedan deville, a convertible VW Karmann-Ghia, latest model Honda CRV, 1980 AMC Pacer DL, a honda helix scooter and a heavily modified recumbent Fatbike. there would be plenty of covered guest parking, all covered. the garage would be air-conditioned. there would be a greenbelt on three [non-seaward] sides with hidden entrance. the front grounds would be in a quasi-Japanese garden arrangement.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 5:05 am

My dream house would be large so we could finally have the space we need, including wall space to hang our lovely animal pics, and shelves for all our books and games.

So large is one requirement. The house should also have 2 bathrooms.

If I can dream, I would like it to be a rambling house with turrets and at least one tower room. And a winding staircase.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 5:11 am

I useta like spiral staircases until I almost bit it on one.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 9:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I've only used one spiral staircase and I hated it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 9:45 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I've only used one spiral staircase and I hated it.

lucky you didn't slip and fall on it. they tend to have small steps on them which this big-foot can't safely negotiate.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 10:01 pm

it should be near the city center but having a lot of vegetation in the plot so it has a isolated feeling while being with easy reach of everything. open plan, big openings, vibrant colors and also exposed materials. i would like it to have broad spaces but it doesn't need to be big.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 10:11 pm

I think a cave house would be fascinating, endlessly so.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 10:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:

i've watched a tv show about andalucia and they have beautiful cave houses. very charming.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 11:01 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i've watched a tv show about andalucia and they have beautiful cave houses. very charming.

also they are a thing here and there in the British isles.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 11:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

also they are a thing here and there in the British isles.

i didn't know it