Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 12:36 pm

I don't see why you can't remain friends with her----unless you start wanting to press her to become your girlfriend again. I do know of friendships which lead to romance. But you have to respect her space.

If you have feelings---then it's okay. It's not okay to try to be forceful with them, though.

Please note that I am not saying that you are being forceful with her---or that you are so inclined.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 1:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't see why you can't remain friends with her----unless you start wanting to press her to become your girlfriend again. I do know of friendships which lead to romance. But you have to respect her space.

If you have feelings---then it's okay. It's not okay to try to be forceful with them, though.

Please note that I am not saying that you are being forceful with her---or that you are so inclined.

I have respected her space. I haven’t said anything relating to romance with her since that one thing I sent in message. Just having friendly conversation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 1:28 pm

Then you're doing the right thing.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 8:29 pm

I’m curious - you broke up with her because you were going away to college. Did you discuss the possibility of breaking up with her first, ASK her if she wanted to break up or remain a couple, or did you just TELL her that it was over? If the decision was solely yours that was selfish and I think she would have the right to be offended.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 9:01 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
I’m curious - you broke up with her because you were going away to college. Did you discuss the possibility of breaking up with her first, ASK her if she wanted to break up or remain a couple, or did you just TELL her that it was over? If the decision was solely yours that was selfish and I think she would have the right to be offended.

I remembered when I told her. She understood why I was breaking up with her and I think she agreed.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 1:47 am

Personally I don't think it's unreasonable to break up when going off to college. The two individuals are apart and are doing a lot of growing that they need to do. It does not have to mean that the break up is permanent. If anything, it prevents the relationship from souring due to unfaithfulness.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 2:20 am

Chronos wrote:
Personally I don't think it's unreasonable to break up when going off to college. The two individuals are apart and are doing a lot of growing that they need to do. It does not have to mean that the break up is permanent. If anything, it prevents the relationship from souring due to unfaithfulness.

But I haven’t even been in college since October. And now back home. But we’re just friends now. And hopefully through progressing. We can be a couple again. I’m not going to keep bringing it up to her. Even though I haven’t since that one sticker I sent her.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2018, 7:06 pm

Corny wrote:
But I haven’t even been in college since October. And now back home. But we’re just friends now. And hopefully through progressing. We can be a couple again. I’m not going to keep bringing it up to her. Even though I haven’t since that one sticker I sent her.

As 'Corny' as this sounds, I think you should leave the Glee stuff at home and pick up from where you left off.. when you become an actor or some Shakespearean hero out of a play some day.
You were living the dream once, but now its died on you, so cut back on some of the story before you die of real stage fright. I wouldn't start stalking her either.. maybe just glean out what portable app's she's on, and use the ones you like to enhance the concepts of social choice.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 4:33 pm

I actually have a update regarding me and my ex. She wanted me to have lunch with her at her work tomorrow afternoon. But was postponed because she has to work. But I don't think it's really considered a date. But god I wish it was.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 4:36 pm

Seems promising....

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 4:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Seems promising....

I don't really think it's like a romantic date or anything. But I wish it was.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 5:02 pm

Have you told her you’re sorry that you broke off with her?

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 5:04 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
Have you told her you’re sorry that you broke off with her?

No and this lunch thing was going to be tomorrow but she has to work. And she's not really online a lot and we don't have enough time for big conversations like that. And I don't wanna talk about anything romantic with her because I don't want her to feel awkward or anything.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 7:40 pm

I’ve just realized you’ve been home since Hallowe’en! That’s five months. Have you only just recently trying to contact her?

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 7:45 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
I’ve just realized you’ve been home since Hallowe’en! That’s five months. Have you only just recently trying to contact her?

We’ve talked. But as friends.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 7:52 pm

Since the time you broke up, have you dated anyone else or tried to? I can imagine being hurt because you broke off the relationship without discussing it with her (she might not have minded a long distance relationship), and then being more hurt that it’s taken so long for you to try and reconcile. She might think that she’s just second best, that you couldn’t get anyone else so you’re trying her again.