Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 10:31 pm

Trouble is that in outer space there is no sound. No "pew pew pew", and even explosions are silent.

Yes- lightsabers are the silliest weapon in Hollywood sci fi. Lol!

Just a contrivance to allow them to show swordplay in a futuristic setting. Cant imagine why real future militaries would invent such a thing even for outer space.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Apr 2018, 12:55 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Trouble is that in outer space there is no sound. No "pew pew pew", and even explosions are silent.

Just a contrivance to allow them to show swordplay in a futuristic setting. Cant imagine why real future militaries would invent such a thing even for outer space.
I think lightsabers could be very useful for hunting. You can clean the animal with it, cut firewood with it, start the fire with it, light your cigarette with it, You can weld a leak in your boat with it(if the boat is aluminum or some other kind of metal that can be welded), You can wave it around in the dark to send messages like S.O.S.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 12:55 am

naturalplastic wrote:

You're telling me that stuff isn't real? If the force doesn't exist what the hell have I been meditating all these years for...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 6:23 am

nick007 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I think lightsabers could be very useful for hunting. You can clean the animal with it, cut firewood with it, start the fire with it, light your cigarette with it, You can weld a leak in your boat with it(if the boat is aluminum or some other kind of metal that can be welded), You can wave it around in the dark to send messages like S.O.S.

Yeah. it would be very useful...precisely in the setting were you would not be able to use it...out in the woods where there is no power source for it! Lol!