Arrest for filicide of Autistic in Tennessee

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 2:05 am

A city searched for an autistic boy for days. Then, police say, his dad confessed to killing him.

Quote:
Baby Joe” had slipped out of the house before, his parents told reporters, but never in the middle of the night and never for this long.

Joe Clyde Daniels’s parents told investigators that they went to wake the 5-year-old for school around 5:20 a.m. Wednesday, but he was gone.

His parents said they usually located him within shouting distance of their house in Dickson, about 50 miles west of Nashville.

On Saturday, the search for a missing boy turned into a murder investigation after his father’s confession, authorities said.

Daniels told investigators that he killed his 5-year-old son, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, then hid the boy’s 65-pound body.

Daniels has been arrested and charged with criminal homicide, authorities said. He is being held in jail, with bail set at $1 million. It was unclear whether he had hired or been appointed an attorney.

Investigators have not released a motive — or even said whether Clyde gave one when he confessed.

Authorities did not immediately suspect foul play when Joe’s family called them Wednesday.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 12:37 am

Tenn. Mom Charged in Case of Missing 5-Year-Old Boy With Autism — as Dad Faces Homicide Charges

Quote:
Krystal Nicole Daniels, is behind bars on $1 million bond after being detained Monday for aggravated child neglect or endangerment.

The affidavit against Joe’s mother, which PEOPLE obtained Tuesday, alleges she was present for the alleged beating and “failed to report the abuse and resulting homicide” of her child.

The complaint further alleges Krystal Daniels was “aware of the injury inflicted to Joe Clyde Daniels at the hands of Joseph Daniels and was aware the Joseph Daniels disposed of Joe Clyde Daniels’ body.”

It adds: “Krystal Daniels failed to report the injuries, abuse, and/or homicide despite multiple opportunities” to do so, and allegedly “took active steps to obfuscate the abuse and homicide” of her child.

Krystal Daniels has not entered a plea to the charge. Neither her nor her husband has retained legal counsel who could comment on the allegations.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 2:42 am

Sounds like dad's solution was to beat the autism out of his 5yo son and ended up killing him.

This is why America has the death penalty.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 1:46 am

Mother saw husband kill 5-year-old son with autism, authorities say

Quote:
The mother of a 5-year-old boy who was reported missing in Tennessee last week told police she was present when her son was killed, CNN affiliate WKRN reported, citing court documents.

It's unclear whether she has an attorney.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 2:04 am

It says in the top one that authorities did not immediately suspect fowl play when he went missing. Over here the police always suspect the family, not exclusively, I can't believe it would be any different anywhere else.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 2:39 pm

I suppose the reason they didn't suspect foul play immediately was because the parents probably put on a good act. To me, that makes what they did even worse--if that's possible. Even now, the father still won't reveal where the poor child's body is. Sick.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 5:19 pm

Now, the parents will tell their sob story of how overwhelming it is to have a child with autism. And some cretins out there are going to buy it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 8:33 am

Tennessee man found guilty of murdering non-verbal autistic five-year-old son

Quote:
Joseph Daniels was convicted Saturday on multiple charges, including felony murder and second-degree murder, for fatally beating his five-year-old son, Joe Clyde, known as “Baby Joe.”

The jury began deliberating around 2 p.m. Friday and returned the guilty verdict just before noon Saturday, following a weeklong trial in Dickson County.

The jury found Joseph Daniels guilty of five charges, including first-degree murder in perpetration of a felony, second-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, filing a false report, and evidence tampering.

Joseph Daniels will serve life in prison with the possibility of parole on the murder charges. He will be sentenced for the additional charges during a hearing scheduled for Sept. 14 at 1 p.m

ake Lockert, the public defender representing Joseph Daniels, has argued that his client’s confession was coerced, but the judge allowed it to be played and used as evidence in the trial.

The jury, which consisted of 12 members, was chosen from a pool of people in Chattanooga, all of which the judge said had never heard the name “Baby Joe.”

Krystal Daniels witnessed the fatal beating, but went to bed instead of helping her son, according to investigators.

She is charged with aggravated child abuse and neglect and will go to trial at a later date that has not been determined.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 3:26 pm

What horrible people, both of them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 10:27 pm

Those monsters should be hung.