Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 5:17 pm

I'm just wondering. Is there any Sonic the Hedgehog fan here on Wrong Planet? Because I am. I have been a Sonic since 2004 or 2005. I was 5 or 6 at the time. And my first Sonic game was Sonic Heroes on PS2. The game to this day is rather nostalgic to me.Image

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 8:38 pm

I've been a Sonic fan since I spent my childhood playing Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 8:46 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
I've been a Sonic fan since I spent my childhood playing Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

That's cool.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 5:19 am

Not a fan per se, but I've played a select few of the Sonic games.

My brother and I had a copy of Sonic Adventure DX for the PC at one point, but as far as I recall, we didn't play it a whole lot. But from what little we did play, we enjoyed it. Sadly we don't own it anymore - our mother sold it at a flea market.

I've also played the classic games on the PS3 by way of the Sega Mega Drive Classics Collection, albeit briefly.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 7:10 am

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've played plenty of the games.

First one I played was probably Sonic 2, at my cousin's house. I really enjoyed 3D Blast, though most people don't.

Real shame that the Saturn game got cancelled, because it looked like it would've been something real special. A lot of people say that not having a Sonic game on the system really hurt Sega, too.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 3:02 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I've played plenty of the games.

First one I played was probably Sonic 2, at my cousin's house. I really enjoyed 3D Blast, though most people don't.

Real shame that the Saturn game got cancelled, because it looked like it would've been something real special. A lot of people say that not having a Sonic game on the system really hurt Sega, too.

They're were Sonic games on the Saturn. But all were spin offs and a compilation of Genesis games. A port of Sonic 3D Blast came out on Saturn, the infamous racing game Sonic R, and Sonic Jam which was a compilation of the 3 main Sonic games on the Genesis.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 4:48 pm

I wouldn't call myself a fan because I've not played or been interested in most of the franchise. I loved the Sega Genesis games; Sonic 2 was one of my first videogames. Never was interested in the 3D games and so I went straight from Sonic & Knuckles to last year's Sonic Mania, which I loved.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 4:55 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I wouldn't call myself a fan because I've not played or been interested in most of the franchise. I loved the Sega Genesis games; Sonic 2 was one of my first videogames. Never was interested in the 3D games and so I went straight from Sonic & Knuckles to last year's Sonic Mania, which I loved.

You are a Sonic fan then. But a 2D Sonic fan.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 2:38 am

Corny wrote:
They're were Sonic games on the Saturn. But all were spin offs and a compilation of Genesis games. A port of Sonic 3D Blast came out on Saturn, the infamous racing game Sonic R, and Sonic Jam which was a compilation of the 3 main Sonic games on the Genesis.

Right, I meant that a "real" Sonic game never came out, though. We already had 3D Blast and most of Jam on the Genesis, and most people didn't seem to like R very much. Sonic X-Treme was cancelled for numerous reasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzvS_beXtXk

The fish-eye lense effect was a really great idea, though watching it makes me a bit sick after a while.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 6:56 pm

I have enjoyed Sonic since the good ol' days of the Genesis :D

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 9:03 am

Sure. Sonic 3 on Sega.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2018, 9:09 am

This is probably the premier #1 Sonic fan on WP, still active according to her profile:

ZombieBrideXD

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2023, 7:17 pm

i love sonic since my childhood, my first sonic game is sonic the hedgehog part 1 for java, my favorite is sonic unleashed, and my most hated is sonic labyrinth

[url=dailymotion.com/thesonicfan2002]my dailymotion[/url]

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2023, 4:19 pm

I have been playing Sonic games since Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Megadrive, in the 1990's.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 8:39 pm

The latest comic book issue of IDW's run of Sonic the Hedgehog is celebrating his 900th adventure.

This includes every game, every cartoon/anime episode, every movie, and every comic book issue from past continuities in existence.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.