Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2018, 6:30 am

One of my problems is expressing myself, even through art.
The reason is, even if I did create art, I'd always do it alone. I showed very few of my art to very few people, never got to broadcast it.
I don't broadcast because I worry someone will steal my art for whatever reason, or it will lose credibility
I also don't broadcast because I have hardly any audience, yet I have so many things I want to express.
Another thing is I find the things I want to express are things I would want to express in words, outwards, such as a sexual desire, where while I want to express it in art, eventually it's because I actually want to put sexuality into play in real life

Can anyone relate?
I really want to express myself, my muses, my ideas. But there's a block - particularly a feeling of lack of audience

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 6:38 am

I used to worry about people stealing my work. Now, I'd just be flattered. The usual procedure is to share a variety in a small circle, and then share the popular ones more widely.

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2018, 7:04 am

I'd personally not be flattered since I'd want the attention and recognition I deserve

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 7:19 am

Pillar wrote:
I'd personally not be flattered since I'd want the attention and recognition I deserve

Always date your work, in case of disputes, but the usual case is imitation, not full copying. This is very good, as it establishes a trend. While they are catching up, you can be moving ahead. This is why businesses don't mind having similar names, or competition next door. Two stores generate more than twice as much traffic as one. The only thing worse than having your work stolen is not having it stolen. Every work is a foundation for the next, but some are sand and some are boulders. This has far more to do with the mason than the worth of the rock itself. I have given up on Patent possibilities, and am trying to save industry multi-millions, but it would lead to unemployment so I'm ignored.

If you are worried about being laughed at, exaggerate that bit and join the fun, like Emo Phillips.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 8:32 am

I'm the complete opposite. I have no problems expressing myself through my art and fashion sense or lack of.

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2018, 11:50 am

How do you do that?