Poll ended at 21 Apr 2018, 4:11 pm
7 Passionate People 46%  46%  [ 11 ]
$100,000 54%  54%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 24

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2018, 4:11 pm

Hi guys! I had an interesting thought last night and wanted to get people's opinion on it. Would you rather have/know 7 people who are just as passionate about your special interest(s) as you are, or $100,000 dollars to spend on your special interest(s) by yourself?

A few notes:
- You don't have to interact with all 7 people at once, you just know them and 1-2 are always available to talk/do stuff.
- For those who aren't in the US and don't want to do a conversion, for $100,000 you can buy roughly 3 brand new cars, so use that as a frame of reference.

Nira
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2018, 4:37 pm

I would use the money for housing.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2018, 5:35 pm

I would take the money so I could give up work and write novels full time.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 7:52 am

Money, of course. And yes, I will have the time in the world to pursuit my special interest.

And eventually find more than 7 people who shares my interest.

Unlike money, finding people with my special interest is just... Ah, too easy. :twisted: I might've been a wrong person to ask -- I could find said people on a whim, without the money and a 'wish' of an option. All I have to do, is walk into a novelty shop at a certain time/s. :lol: And an endless of them online.

Regardless, whether it's easy or hard for me to find someone who shares my interests, I'd still take the money.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 8:35 am

7 people sounds exhausting. I don't think I've ever had that much human contact before in my life o-o

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Apr 2018, 8:47 am

green0star wrote:
7 people sounds exhausting. I don't think I've ever had that much human contact before in my life o-o

Me neither that's why I said they're available but it's not required to interact with all of them at once or ever really.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 8:52 am

Seven people sounds like a lot. I would like to go to a tennis tournament with three other people, those I interact with most often, the two coaches and one other student, who is close to my age. I would like to have enough money for expenses to help pay for the experience of going to the tournament. My dream is to meet Denis Istomin, interview him and write his story. It would be exciting to actually have it published, but just meeting Denis and writing the story would be exciting enough.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2018, 7:13 pm

I'll take the money. I can always use part of it to buy friends. :)

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 7:33 pm

green0star wrote:
7 people sounds exhausting.

This! That's a large part of why I chose the money.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 8:13 pm

7 People seems like a lot. I'd take the money to spend on my interests and necessities as well. I wouldn't mind two or three people to be able to engage with about my interests. Also, if I had 7 clones of myself, people would think we're a group of Nazis. I'd rather have the money.

Goth Fairy
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2018, 1:28 am

Currently my special interests are Sign Language and Autism. So my first thought was people, because there's not a lot that I could buy with the money. And having more people to sign with or more people to share research who understood my needs and could do introductions so that I could get involved in research sounds great.

But then I thought that if I had that amount of money, I could do some post-graduate study, do a lot more research and use it to get involved in local groups, and get real qualifications.

So yes, although they say money can't buy you friends, it could certainly fund projects where I could meet people and do more research. I would still need someone to guide me on how to do that kind of research though, and how to get it to a place where it is useful.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2018, 2:31 am

Yeah... gimme the money

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2018, 7:08 am

The money, no contest! I know partly what I'd use them for too.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 11:10 am

I actually would go for the seven people in an instant. I always feel like I live in a little world where it is just me and my special interest and I would love to have at least a couple people to talk to. Seven is a lot though.

Equadex
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2018, 12:37 pm

Very difficult choice. I think I would go for seven people though. It would be awesome to know that many people who likes the same things I do just as intensely. People like that can't be bought with money and I can/need to make money from other sources regardless.

BeeMan4476
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2018, 1:05 am

I'd take the people. I feel truly alone in this world. Like the last of his species. People are completely alien to me.