Une question pour les femmes

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 2:39 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
I made a mistake on the statistics. I apologize.

Men are 7 times more likely to leave a wife with a serious illness than women are to leave a husband with a serious illness. Not 6 times.

Are they comparing the same type of illness though, like illnesses that cause permanent physical deformation or total disability?

1- I think maybe it is also 'socially' expected from wives to stick to sick husbands - social double standards perhaps, but that does not mean wives wouldn't get sex from elsewhere and there's no way to tell that in stats- that if they have strong urges/drive.

2- if the woman is a housewife, non-working, then there's a financial benefit not to leave the husband who may got his retirement payment, and may stick to him for the sake of kids . Men on the other often don't rely on their women financially as much.
So the not leaving reasons may not always be total loyalty or blind love.

3- In Christian societies, stats show that women are often more devout religiously than men; hence more likely to respect the church vows.

I think they had cancer in mind but it applied to chronic severe illness in general. The women typically do not have financial insentive to stay. Medical bills bankrupt people quickly and government benefits are not enough to live comfortably on. The reason, they suggested, that women were more likely to stay and men were more likely to leave was that women were inclined to be caregivers while men were not and a man who suddenly found himself in a caregiver position lacked the coping mechanisms that the women did.
From an evolutionary standpoint, both sexes are inclined to propegate the species as muxh as possible...theoretically...though we have corrupted that, but we have not caught up with ourselves and a male fulfills species propegation by impregnating as many healthy females as he can manage and a female fulfills that by caring for her offspring even at great cost to herself. This inclination towards care giving extends to partners and animals.

So males have more of an inclination to walk away from a sick spouse and find a healthy one and females have more of an inclination to care for a sick spouse.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 5:05 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Men are 7 times more likely to leave a wife with a serious illness than women are to leave a husband with a serious illness. Not 6 times.

Are they comparing the same type of illness though, like illnesses that cause permanent physical deformation or total disability?

1- I think maybe it is also 'socially' expected from wives to stick to sick husbands - social double standards perhaps, but that does not mean wives wouldn't get sex from elsewhere and there's no way to tell that in stats- that if they have strong urges/drive.

2- if the woman is a housewife, non-working, then there's a financial benefit not to leave the husband who may got his retirement payment, and may stick to him for the sake of kids . Men on the other often don't rely on their women financially as much.

3- In Christian societies, stats show that women are often more devout religiously than men; hence more likely to respect the church vows.

I think they had cancer in mind but it applied to chronic severe illness in general. The women typically do not have financial insentive to stay. Medical bills bankrupt people quickly and government benefits are not enough to live comfortably on. The reason, they suggested, that women were more likely to stay and men were more likely to leave was that women were inclined to be caregivers while men were not and a man who suddenly found himself in a caregiver position lacked the coping mechanisms that the women did.
From an evolutionary standpoint, both sexes are inclined to propegate the species as muxh as possible...theoretically...though we have corrupted that, but we have not caught up with ourselves and a male fulfills species propegation by impregnating as many healthy females as he can manage and a female fulfills that by caring for her offspring even at great cost to herself. This inclination towards care giving extends to partners and animals.

So males have more of an inclination to walk away from a sick spouse and find a healthy one and females have more of an inclination to care for a sick spouse.

But if Polygamy was socially accepted, would men have this same inclination to 'walk away'?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Apr 2018, 5:15 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
But if Polygamy was socially accepted, would men have this same inclination to 'walk away'?

And if women had no right to earn money, they would be in actual practical need to seek for another male to help them.
But if polyandry was socially accepted, the lady form the article you linked would not be in dubious situation with her choices.

We live inside our cultures and societes, we can't escape the biases they provide.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 5:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Perhaps he would divorce her. I think it would depend on the man.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2018, 8:53 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ladies, imagine the following scenario:

Your man/bf/husband lost his job! and not only that, but he lost the ability to work again or to get employed ever again for some reason (Physical, mental, or his work industry is too narrow/obsolete... etc) - the reason doesn’t matter because it leads to the same result: he no longer can generate income.

What are you gonna do regarding the relationship?

It's not an issue for me if he can 'no longer generate income', a genuine relationship is based on love, a business partnership is conditional on the moolahs. It's black and white from my perspective.

Men have much more emotional value (or even qualitative value if you prefer) than you give them credit for Mr FOB.