Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2018, 3:55 pm

Do you have any recurring dreams or elements that repeat? I always dream that I can kind of fly, but its more like I swim through the air, I also dream I can speak every language and have magic powers but whenever I attempt to use them they fail.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 9:34 am

My most common themes involve all the pets I have had in my life.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Apr 2018, 9:44 am

I sometimes dream that I'm running from something or to something. I stumble & start running on my hands & knees/feet. I wonder what this means.

~King Of The Hill

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Apr 2018, 9:49 am

My reocurring dream is: For some beaurocratic reasons I need to go back to school. I am there, wrong time, not knowing where I should go, surrounded by hostility, too scared to ask anybody because "everybody should just know it", trying to subtly figure out what to do now while not showing my confusion to anyone...

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 9:53 am

OOOOOOHH! I can fly too! I have to kick my feet up, hold my breath and lie on my back in order to float. As long as I hold my breath I can levitate and float in any direction. The good thing is I can hold my breath effortlessly in this dream. People are always amazed and they try to copy me, but can't.

Dream 2: A familiar house near water. Exploring it when no one is there and feeling excited / frightened.

Dream 3: Travelling and getting lost. There is always a sense I've travelled eastward (left to right, lol) either by subway, bus, train, car, horse, or even on foot. I can't figure out how to get back to the west / left side. Quite often there is snow or a very busy city with complicated transit and highway ramps that are like roller coaster tracks. I get the feeling of " Oh, not again!" :(

Dream 4: I'm pregnant with a girl but can't remember when she's due and I realize I've had no prenatal care or ultrasounds, etc.

Dream 5: Pet stores where I suddenly buy too many kittens, impulsively.

Dream 6: Being in an airport but forgetting where I'm going and why. This, or being on the ground watching an airplane crash from a distance and yelling to get people's attention / help.

Dream 7: Being back at my old job (bad...) and trying to remember why I'm there again.

Dream 8: Exquisite love / emotional closeness with a man but I don't know who he is. The emotion is extremely intense.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 10:32 am

I don't fly but I bounce really high, but I can't control it so it gets scary.
Another is I am often visiting the same someplace I have never been to before.
Usually in a car looking out the window.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 5:45 pm

The "flying" one for me is quite gentle and gradual - I'll be walking or running normally, then my strides just seem to get longer and longer until I realise that I don't need to use my legs any more. I never get up high that I can remember, my viewpoint is always about normal head height - it makes me think of a hovercraft because I can definitely do it over water.

There are a lot of places that only exist in my dreams - the "plot" of the dream can be different every time, but I have a collection of "locations" that seem very consistent, and with the sense that I know the place while I'm in the dream. When I was a child, I also used to have a lot of "serial" dreams, where the "plot" would follow on from something which happened in the previous night's dream. Not so much as an adult, though - it's only occasionally that I remember my dreams at all these days.