Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2018, 11:38 pm

After several annual retreats, the thing I most heard was "why can't we be together, supporting each other all of the time?' AutHaven has made it as a retreat without non-profit status. Now, that we are finally starting the community, we have become officially a non profit corporation and are waiting our tax-exempt status. At this point, AutHaven has NO assets, which will change after we can start doing fund raisers.

Right now, my house is the AutHaven Host Home. No, Ido not and will not charge AutHaven rent or receive any compensation.. This is my passion. when we can finally start fund raising, we hope to purchase some of the land adjacant to ours.

I am SO not wealthy, so the place we bought had no water, no septic tank, had been pretty uch abandoned for about 50 years. It gives "fixer upper" a new meaning. We are by no means done fixing it up, but we are doing pretty well at the "during" stage.

we do have a rec room [it used to be a wreck room] built over the detached garage. We have chickens, and put our deposit down for 2 nigerian dwarf goats[great dairy goats] which will be born mid-May, and will be coming home mid-July. our home needs so much work on it, but we do have a fantastic sensory room, a 'hidie nook" under the stairs, and we are in the mountains, which I love more than anything.

We are learning permaculture , and I do not know what to tell you. Just ask questions and I will answer as best as I can. By the way, I am on the board. Those who know me know I have serious health issues and they have worsened so I am unable to be the main leader. please ask questions!http://wrongplanet.net/forums/posting.php?mode=post&f=3#

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 12:27 am

This is so so cool. Amazing work. Would love to see some photos in particular of the mountains and the sensory room! And the hidie nook!

Sorry to hear about your health issues.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 12:46 am

Where do you live? you are wwelcomr to visit anytime. We are in southwestern colorado.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 1:16 am

I live in the uk but my husband is American and we go over each summer. Perhaps in the future. Thank you for your work!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2018, 1:45 am

An aspie cooperative/compound/retreat? Interesting!