What is the effect of classical music on an Autistic person.

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 4:38 am

nick007 wrote:
elsapelsa wrote:
There was a thunderstorm coming yesterday and whilst I made lunch I put on blind melon / no rain and me and my daughters were dancing around the kitchen and I asked my eldest daughter "do you like this music?" And she goes: well.... eh.... not really, it's not like classical music.... but I guess it's... eh...nice....
I'd much rather listen to Blind Melon than classical music. Maybe it's my ADD(nonhyper ADHD) cuz I want music that has a good beat or good lyrics.

Well me too.... but the things we do for love. :roll: She does take guitar lessons though so hopefully she'll eventually come around to a wider appreciation of music. She abhors rap with passion.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 5:53 am

Perfectly enjoyable and works well as background music, but not something I tend to sit down and actively listen to. And I think recognizing at least a few classical pieces is part of a balanced knowledge-base.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 6:02 am

My dad (who was autistic) loved classical music.
He hung himself.
I think there's a lesson in that for us all.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 5:28 pm

Depends a lot on who the composer is and what key any piece is in. I love Mozart and Chopin, quite like the Russians too. It's not all or nothing, we all have our preferences, just as in any other kind of music genre. Chopin speaks to me very deeply on an emotional level.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2018, 12:51 am

I have wide tastes in music, and do like many classical tunes. I find music to work well as one of my coping methods.